Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving!! :-)

Well, it's here again, m'friends - Thanksgiving Day. What do you all do to celebrate? We usually prepare a wonderful feast of homemade rolls, roast turkey (and sometimes ham), cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, stuffing . . . yeah, all the good stuff (*wink*), and enjoy it as a family around our great, big dining room table. ;-) This year we did our Thanksgiving shopping a week ahead of time, picking up all the essentials . . . and a 19-pound frozen turkey I've officially dubbed "Turkey Charlie." :-)
Picking out ol' Charlie from our local supermarket. Boy, was he ever heavy!

Sometimes my family and I will sit around during/after the Thanksgiving meal and rattle off several things we're thankful for from the past year. Any guesses as to what I'm thankful for from 2019? Health, family, and true friends who stick by me through the ups and downs of life are top on that list. Next come the first-ever Casting Crowns concert I got to attend, the NaNoWriMo challenge I took on during the month of November, my forty-day Internet break from earlier this year, and so much more!! Continually I see God's hands in my life, and I am so abundantly blessed

Did you enjoy this post? Do you ever name your Thanksgiving turkeys? What're some of the things you're thankful for from this past year? Let's talk in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have a great year!
    <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture and how your local supermarket just happens to be Walmart. :-) Happy Thanksgiving to you!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, well . . . (LOL)
      Thanks, you too! <3

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?