Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Favorite Things Tag!

Wow, I really need to try and catch up on all the tags I've been pushing aside these past few months, starting with the ones I was nominated for almost simultaneously by several different blogger friends. :) So today, I present to you the "Favorite Things tag" which Laura, Alice, Caitlyn, and Ellie all tagged me for. (thanks, girls! <3)
THE RULES:

♥ Thank and link back to the person's blog who tagged you!
♥ Thank and link back to the person's blog who started the tag! thank you, Beth!
♥ Write about eight of your favorite things in your post!
♥ Add at least 2 picture or gifs in your post that are related to your favorite things.
♥ Tag eight people at least! (If you don't know eight blogs to tag just tag as many as you can)
♥ Put the eight rules in your blog post!
♥ Include the picture above for the beginning of your post! 
♥ Have fun!!!

All righty! In no particular order, eight of my favorite things would have to be . . . 


1). Snuggles w/ these two adorable kiddos, Sadie Grace and Ruby Jane. (ages two years and six months.) :)
2). Answering a phone call from Grandma w/ my signature, accented, "Hello, darling!" (why? it's fun, and Grandma automatically knows it's me she's talking to. how did this goofy little tradition ever begin? well, look at the GIF below. you've gotta appreciate I Love Lucy! xD)

3). Listening to my a.m.a.z.i.n.g. Amazon music playlist(s). 
4). Daily journaling! (this stack of notebooks is almost three years old, with new ones being added to the pile every couple of months or so.) 

5). Receiving author copies of The Whispers God Gives from Amazon + signing 'em and shipping 'em out for others to enjoy. :)
6). This story, which is included in Mrs. Marlow's awesome Tales from Memory Creek Ranch collection. :D
7). The sound of a heavy rain drumming against my bedroom windows.
8). Voice of Truth by Casting Crowns, a song God used to change my life several years back.

That was a lot of fun!! I don't think I'll tag anyone this time around (as most of you bloggers have either already done this tag or been previously nominated), but I'll leave it open for the taking, just in case. ;) Feel free to participate in the comments below or on your blog! What're eight of your favorite things?

Blessings,
Ellen S.

24 comments:

  1. Yay! You did it! Numbers one, six, and seven are some of my favorite things, tooπŸ˜‰πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did! Thx again for nominating me! <3
      Ooh, fun! :)

      Delete
    2. I meant cuddling with my sisπŸ˜‰

      Delete
    3. I figured. *wink, wink*

      Delete
  2. AnonymousJuly 29, 2020

    I've been doing minimal blogging, hence the fact I haven't kept up with most of your recent posts. So do you say darling like Lucy with her fake accent thingy??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, Lilly!! I was wondering why I hadn't heard from you in a while. Now I know! :)
      Yep, I sure do, same as almost all my siblings. Needless to say, we "darling" each other a lot. *laughs* I personally think my sister imitates Lucy's fake accent best. ;)
      Thanks for commenting! <3

      Delete
    2. AnonymousJuly 29, 2020

      Hehe. With way school, Bible Bee, and a whole lot of other things, I've been super busy. I hope to catch up and post in mid-August.
      That's fun you put on the fake accent. My mom, sis, and I do it often (sometimes on accident!).

      Delete
    3. Totally understand the busyness. ;) I hope things settle down for you soon! I always look forward to reading your posts (and your comments). :)
      That's really cool! Does that mean your family "darling"s each other around the house too?? xD

      Delete
    4. AnonymousJuly 30, 2020

      You're so sweet. πŸ™‚
      Occasionally. We often say Ricky's mistakes, like his version of don't. Now I want to watch all my favorite "I Love Lucy" episodes again!

      Delete
    5. LOL, Ricky's "dun't" is soooo hilarious. (one of our favorite lines from the show as well.) xD
      Thx for sharing! <3

      Delete
  3. Ooooh, this was so fun to read!! I enjoyed it very much. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much, Liberty! <3 That makes me happy. :)

      Delete
  4. Aww this was so fun to read!! I love number 2πŸ˜„

    ReplyDelete
  5. Martha AbileneJuly 29, 2020

    Okay, I'm stealing that tag. :)
    And Ellen, your sisters are so CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, not really "stealing," LOL. I left it open for grabs. πŸ˜‰ Can't wait to see your answers!
      Aw, thank you! I think so too, but then again, I'm a little biased. πŸ˜‚

      Delete
  6. Aw! Your sisters are so cute!!!♥️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sisters are so cute!!
    I loved your answers!!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bunches, Ellie! You're so sweet. <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  8. I remember Sadie being born... How is she that big??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *shakes head* I have absolutely no clue. We gave Ruby her first bites of baby food last night, and she seemed to love it. Both of them are growing wayyyy too quickly. Where does the time go???

      Delete
  9. Thanks for doing this Ellen! I enjoyed seeing your answers : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Laura! :) I'm glad you liked reading my answers!

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?