Friday, July 10, 2020

The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott Series

Hey friends! Just thought I'd hop on today and share some bookworm randomness + a fun series recommendation with y'all. :) 

Thanks to one of my awesome blog readers and Goodreads friend, Abby J., a couple months back I was inspired to read the six+ book collection, The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott. I'd seen this series a number of times before, but one glance at the covers and blurbs made me certain the books would come off as sounding wayyyy too cheesy for my liking.
As it turns out . . . I was so wrong. THESE BOOKS ARE AMAZING! Right next to Mrs. Marlow's Circle C series, these are my favorite. :) (you've gotta check 'em out, guys . . . ASAP!) I had the whole series read within a twenty-four hour period (on top of trying to study for a difficult science test I was taking the following Monday. Now that, I don't recommend. xD). Each novella is clean, wholesome, and totally fit for readers of any age. A full five stars from me! 

After I'd finished them, I handed the Kindle over to my thirteen-year-old brother and he and I have both reread the series many times since. We even started dreaming up "codenames" inspired by Mrs. Kirkpatrick for the family. Mine is Agent Eagle Eye, one of my brothers' is Agent Obvious (don't worry, he's fine with it), baby Ruby's is Agent Ravine . . . and so on. :D

Did you enjoy this post? What have you been reading recently? Do you have a cool codename you'd care to share? Curious about the story behind mine? Comment below! <3

Blessings,
Ellen S.

25 comments:

  1. I haven’t read much recently but I do want to get back to reading soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And it's always great to have good, clean reading recommendations. 😊

      Delete
  2. Great! <3
    Yes- Abby is amazing =D (and yet she never recommended them to me!!!) XD
    I will be looking into these! Quick question: are they Christian? The cover of book #2 is tipping me off....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abby didn't "recommend" the series to me either. I saw her review for the last book on Goodreads and left a comment, and she assured me the romance level was low and the content was clean. So, I thought I'd give these a try. 😊
      Yes, they are Christian, although not devotional-material by any means. The characters pray and maybe recall a Bible verse or two. And book #2 is actually the most Christian of them all. (So I'm not sure what you mean when you say the cover/title throws you off.)
      Thanks for commenting! 💜

      Delete
  3. Awww, I'm so glad you liked these! You read them WAY faster than I did!! :D
    And I love the code name idea :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did! LOL, I couldn't help reading them so fast. 😉 They were great!!
      Thanks!! 💜

      Delete
  4. AnonymousJuly 11, 2020

    I read the whole series. They were pretty good. (3.5-4 stars each on average.) My biggest problems were Emily and Brent were alone a lot and the book could be read by a non--Christian person and they would not be offended. Other than that, I enjoyed the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Lilly! Glad you enjoyed the series. 💜

      Delete
  5. I love this series! The code names were so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I definitely agree! 😊

      Delete
  6. *dashes to GoodReads and adds to TBR*

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJuly 11, 2020

    Oh, I love these!!! Can't wait to read book 8! :-) Slightly more cheesy than what I usually read, but, nevertheless, fun. (Got me out a reading slump for sure!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessssss. Same here. 😊
      I know, right? Certainly fun and cheesy and enthralling and . . . Just an all-around great addition to my shelf. 🤗 This series truly adds variety to my usual reads!

      Delete
  8. Oh, this sounds like such a great series!!!! I love mysteries--they always keep me on my toes if they are well written. I will definitely look into these!!
    I am definitely curious in the story as to how you got your codename.
    And your brother's name, Agent Obvious, XD, that's too funny!! I love it!!! That's something I'd be called--especially when I was younger. When I was a little girl, secrets were NOT my strong point!!
    Loved this post!!
    ~Gracie~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is!! I think you'd like this series, Gracie. :)
      Aww, thanks! It's so much fun to think up codenames and stick 'em on my (unsuspecting) siblings. xD I'll have to share the story behind my "Agent Eagle Eye" here soon . . . ;)

      Delete
  9. I've ALWAYS wanted to read this series!!!! :D (The author is a friend of ours.) :) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, really?? That's so cool!! Perry Elisabeth Kirkpatrick is an AWESOME writer. :) I definitely recommend reading this series ASAP! :D

      Delete
  10. I love this series so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AnonymousJuly 20, 2020

    Please say you'll be posting soon. I really miss your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Lilly! You're so sweet.
      I've been hoping to post for a while now, but my life recently has been SUPER busy, and my brain empty of fun blog fodder. Maybe soon? I'd like to get something put up this week, but we shall see. :)

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?