Wednesday, July 1, 2020

The Simple Things Tag (2020 Edition)

The lovely Emma Starr tagged me for this last October. Now, a number of months later, I was nominated for it again by SawyerMarie from Sundrop Girls. (go check her blog out and give it  a follow, friends! she has some amazing, God-honoring content.) 
Since this is one of my favorite tags (and I was challenged by one of my favorite blogger friends), I figured I'd go ahead and do a 2020 edition of the "Simple Things" tag. :) Enjoy!

RULES:

1). Link back to the person who started the tag and thank them. Thanks, Camille
2). Link back to the person who tagged you and thank them. Done! ^^^^
3). Use the graphic below.

4). List 5 simple things that make you happy with pictures.
5). Tag 3 people.
6). Remind everyone to be joyful with the little things!

All righty, here goes! In no particular order, five simple things that make me happy would be . . . 

1). Walks w/ with these two cuties (aka my sisters). 


2). Checking my Spam folder. (and no, I'm not joking. xD) All Blogger, Wordpress, and Goodreads updates go here to be read and refiled in their correct locations. :)
3). The moving glitter in my phone case!! Believe it or not, I've wanted a case like this ALL. MY. LIFE. and finally, in May of this past year, my little dream has come true! Tilting this gorgeous case causes the white and gold heart-shaped confetti pieces to swirl and sparkle in a most spectacular display. (can you guess by now I'm obsessed with all things glitter??) *heart eyes*
(let it be known that yes, while not shown here, I do have a phone to go with the case. ;D)

4). Snail mail!!!! Opening the mailbox and discovering an envelope with YOUR name on it has to be one of the best, most exciting feelings in the world. 

5). Spending time daily with God and writing verses/thoughts in the journal my mom made for me. :D



Wow, that was bunches of fun! :) Now it's your turn. Comment below and tell me what five simple things make you happy (or if you'd prefer to do this tag on your blog, go right ahead!). I look forward to seeing your answers! <3
REMEMBER TO BE JOYFUL WITH THE LITTLE THINGS! (which, in reality, are not all that little.)

Blessings,

Ellen S.

27 comments:

  1. *starts reading post* *face turns red* *keeps reading* *sinks into chair when see letter*
    Thanks Ellie =D And can I say- your sisters?! ADORABLE!
    This is great Ellie! And thank you- this made me happy, and I'm a little sad right now <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *starts reading your comment* *smiles* *bounces lightly on toes*
      So glad this little post could brighten your day, dear! Thanks again for nominating me. <3

      Delete
  2. This is by far my favorite tag it's just so wholesome!πŸ€—πŸ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 01, 2020

    *gasps* You have a phone to go with your phone chase!? Who would have guessed! xD I enjoyed reading this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Just wanted to clarify that, in case anyone was confused . . . ;)
      Thanks! So glad you enjoyed! <3

      Delete
  4. Hi Ellen! How are you? I love this post! Your sisters are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, Annika!! I'm great! You?
      Aw, thanks! I kinda think they are, too. ;)

      Delete
  5. Yayyyy! I love your answers and the pictures are so sweet. :)) I love your journal and phone case!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such a fun post to read!
    Five simple things that make me happy are:
    1. Snuggles with my niece Kate <3
    2. A happy tail wagging from my dog Lottie <3
    3. The thrill of getting a phone
    4. Chocolate
    5. Cashew milk ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! It was a super fun post to put together. :) Fantabulous list! (and cashew milk ice cream sounds delicious!! I'm currently avoiding consuming a lot of dairy, so that might be something I'll have to try at some point . . .)
      Thanks for commenting, Liberty! <3

      Delete
  7. Love your blog! Glad u enjoyed the doing the tag! Great post. - Camille

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Camille!! 😍

      Delete
  8. This is so cool Ellen! I have a glitter phone case too, except it is blue. :-)
    They are so pretty to look at!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ellie! Thanks! πŸ’œ I soooooo agree. Glittery phone cases ROCK. πŸ˜‹

      Delete
  9. Such a fun post! I love that journal, it's so pretty! I have a soft spot for journals and notebooks πŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandrina!
      LOL, really? I never would have thought that about you . . . πŸ˜‰

      Delete
  10. I loved reading this, Ellen!
    I really like that journal that your mom made. It's so fun! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! <3
      Yes, my mom loves making and giving away these beautiful little books. If you have IG, you can look her up (@maker_mom) and enjoy some more pics/videos of her journal-awesomeness. :)

      Delete
  11. The journal your mom made is so pretty! Five simple things that make me happy are:
    Playing violin
    Opening mail
    Singing with friends
    Sitting outside and listening to birds and feeling the breeze
    Writing in my journal
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura!! Thank you! <3
      Ooh, I can relate to (almost) every one of the simple things on your list. :) Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  12. Hey there! I just thought I'd let you know, I tagged you over at my blog! libertyelegantcowgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! <3 <3 <3 I'm so behind on all the awards/tags I've been nominated for. >.< The questions you asked look super fun, though, so I'll see what I can do. ;)

      Delete
    2. p.s. Congrats for 50 followers!!!! That's so exciting. :) :) :)

      Delete
  13. Hey Ellen! Just discovered your blog and followed!! I have a blog over at https://evinsblog.worpress.com/ and it would be amazing if you could check it out and give it a follow����
    -Evin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Evin!! Thanks so much!! =) I'm very excited to have you here at my little blog of musings, and I hope you stick around awhile!! :)

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?