Friday, July 24, 2020

Behind the Blogger Tag

I'm so excited for this tag sweet Emma Starr @ Seven Billion Smiles nominated me for! I actually have a BUNCH of tags to catch up on (Mystery Blogger awards, another Liebster, etc.), so you should probably expect to see several of these types of posts in the coming weeks. ;)
And now, without any further ado, here's the . . .

Behind the Blogger Tag!!!

THE RULES:

1). Thank the person who nominated you
2). Answer the questions
3). Pingback to the creator: Ellyn of Allonsythornraxx 
4). Nominate 5+ bloggers to do the tag

EMMA'S QUESTIONS:

Why did you start blogging, and why have you kept blogging?
I started this blog because my mom told me to. ;) I'd just finished my service as Mrs. Marlow's temporary ghostwriter and couldn't wait to build a following of my own and share some encouragement with the world. I continue to blog now because of  1). this awesome community I've been placed in, 2). I find it a way to spread God's love with many souls, and 3). I'm able to connect with young authors, Andi fans, and those others who may be interested in reading The Whispers God Gives

What is your favorite type of blog post to write? Eeks, hard one. Probably a devotional or a life update. :)

What are your three top favorite blog posts? God Is Good, Exciting News and a Request for Prayer, and Release Day!

What are some of your favorite things to do to relax? Take a walk, listen to music, read a book, hold a baby, eat dumplings, and write. :)

What are three of your favorite things? Snail mail, my Kindle, and curling up on the couch with my family for a late night of watching I Love Lucy, Leave It to Beaver, or The Andy Griffith Show episodes.

What are your proudest blogging moments? I'm gonna change this question a little bit so that instead it asks what are my most fruitful blogging moments. These moments would be when a reader takes the time to comment and tell me she's been blessed by something I've posted, I'm hit with sudden inspiration for a fresh musing, or a new blogging friend wants help, advice, and/or encouragement for her own little corner of the web. :)

What are your hobbies outside of blogging? Writing, editing, reading, cuddling babies, spending time outdoors . . . 

Describe your personality in three words. Ohhh, I always seem to have a problem with questions like these. I think I need someone else's opinion of me. *hurries off to ask Mom* *returns with the following* Outgoing, heartfelt, compassionate. :D

What are your top three pet peeves? Anything (especially a spoon or someone's nails) scraping against something plastic, people disregarding the way I care for my books, and not having a towel in my hair the moment I emerge from the shower. 

What is something your followers don't know about you? I got sick on canned green beans once and haven't touched them since. xD

Whoosh, that was fun!! Now it's my turn to nominate some blogger buddies.

Abby, Caleigh, Caitlyn, Scotia, Sandrina, and Martha, (along with anyone else who'd like to do this award on their blogs or in the comments below), you guys have been tagged! ;)
Have fun! I look forward to seeing your answers. <3

Blessings,
Ellen S.


24 comments:

  1. Yay!! Fun!! But what questions do I answer? The same ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! :D
      Can't wait to see your answers! <3

      Delete
    2. Okay, I thought so😉

      Delete
  2. This was a ton of fun to read! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm so glad. :) Thank YOU for reading! <3

      Delete
  3. That was fun!! I enjoyed reading this!! <3

    Thanks so much for tagging me!! It's the first tag I've actually been nominated for :D When I've been blogging long enough to answer the questions well, I plan to!! I'm looking forward to it! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! *happy dance* Thx, Abby! <3
      Oh, of course! It was my pleasure. :) I look forward to seeing your answers!! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  4. Fun post! Well all but the part when you told us about you getting sick from green beans. That does not sound like fun. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jovey! Yeah, definitely not an enjoyable experience. *cringes* Stomach bugs are awful.
      Thx for commenting! <3

      Delete
  5. AnonymousJuly 24, 2020

    As soon as I read about the nails scraping plastic (or metal), I cringed. I detest that, too!! *shudder* Have you ever accidentally scraped a pan across the stove?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know, right?! I'll get goosebumps just thinking about it. *shiver, shiver*
      Hmm, maybe I have. Not sure. ;) Plastic bowls are my worst nightmare. *laughs*

      Delete
  6. Martha AbileneJuly 24, 2020

    Oh, yay!! Thank for tagging me, Ellen! Since I'm a new blogger, I've never done a tag before. This is going to be fun! (Also, your blog is beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Ellen? Do I have to nominate 5 bloggers, too? I'm not sure I know 5 bloggers that haven't been tagged already.

      Delete
    2. No, not at all! Feel free to tag however many people you'd like. 😊

      Delete
    3. Okay, good. Thanks! I was starting to get a bit worried over here . . . :)

      Delete
    4. No problem! I'm excited to read your answers! :D

      Delete
  7. Yay! This was so fun! Thanks for nominating me!

    ~Caleigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Caleigh!! :)

      Delete
    2. I enjoyed reading your answers. : ) You should give canned green beans another try! Seasoned with butter and salt and garlic they’re pretty good!

      Delete
    3. Thx, Laura!
      Uh, no. Sorry. I'm afraid *nothing* could get me eating those canned beans anytime soon. Going by them in the store makes me grimace and turn the other way. LOL
      I have had *fresh* green beans since then, however. They were good, but not something I'd like to eat on a regular basis. :)
      Thank you for commenting! <3

      Delete
    4. Okay, maybe they’re not for everyone 😂

      Delete
    5. 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?