Monday, April 5, 2021

Monday Musings // Time to Catch Up!

Hello again friends!! Happy Easter! (a little late, I know.) What did you guys do to celebrate? We were planning on having a home church service and then a big lunch, but that all changed when one of my brothers complained of a sharp pain in his stomach the evening before. Dad took him to the hospital, and we learned soon after midnight that he had appendicitis. He became the first of us nine kids to have an operation, and it was definitely a trying time for everyone. Thankfully, however, just as He always does, God provided. Even with all the COVID restrictions, Mom and Dad were both allowed to be with my brother before and after surgery, and things went smoothly enough that he was able to come home the night of Easter Day. 😄 We ended up doing church and food the next day (Monday), which doesn't matter too much, considering Christ is just as much risen now as He was on Sunday. ðŸĨ°

*ahem* In other news . . . My time away from the Internet proved to be very fruitful for several reasons.

1. I didn't do as much writing as I'd hoped, but I felt God working through me in other ways . . . like pressing people on my heart to witness to with a copy of my book and a tract or two. I learned that stepping out in faith isn't always easy, but very rewarding. 💗

2. I started listening to more audiobooks and enjoying them.

3. I focused more on school and different priorities.

4. I felt motivated to use my free time in doing chores and cleaning up around the house (my closet especially).

5. I grew closer to my siblings.

. . . and so on. There were a handful of highlights too, like receiving my copy of the 2021 Circle C contest book, finding a modest dress at Old Navy, and spending time outside in beautiful, 60+ degree weather. Oh, and taking a speech course for school. 😀

I don't plan on returning to posting regularly, although with April 21st (the day a year ago I published The Whispers God Gives) drawing near, there may just be a fun giveaway in store. So, stay tuned!





Let's talk in the comments! What have you been up to?

Blessings,

Ellen S.

19 comments:

  1. Missed you Ellie!
    Oh my ðŸ˜Ŋ I’m sorry for the appendices. It’s scary ðŸĪŠ
    Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellen! I'm glad your back! I've really missed your posts. Sounds like you enjoyed your blogging break. Let's see...I've been busy with school, Bible memory, cooking, the Spring 100 challenge, and other random things. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lilly!! Thanks a bunch for your sweet comment! Yes, it was a great break. 😄
      Wow, you have been busy! I've enjoyed being able to memorize more Scripture passages recently, and I hope to start cooking meals for my family soon. 😁

      Delete
  3. Hey Ellen!!
    I am glad you're back! Appendices sounds scary I hope he is recovering well! 💜
    I've mostly been up to a lot of writing and starting a blog of my own! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jovey!! Aw, thank you! It was a scary experience, but he appears to be recovering very well. Praise the Lord!
      Oh, that's exciting! Congrats! ❤

      Delete
  4. Yay so glad you're back!! Oh wow, appendicitis sounds scary, but glad your brother is okay! Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! ðŸĪ—ðŸĨ°ðŸ˜Š
      Happy Easter to you too!

      Delete
  5. Hi Ellen;
    Nice to hear from you. glad that your brother is okay and home. i know how social media takes up most of your time. Trying to cut down on e-mail and time spent on the computer. cleaning and de cluttering slowly but surely. Planted a few flowers last week.
    HAPPY EASTER WEEK TO YOU and YOUR FAMILY
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Marion! Time away from social media can truly be a blessing. 💗
      Thanks, you as well!

      Delete
  6. Oh no! I'm so sorry about your brother. I'm sure you're all relieved that his surgery is behind him and he's back home with you all. As you know, God is in the details which I'm sure you saw through your brother's ordeal. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs. Hickey! We are certainly relieved and very grateful to have my brother home with us again and on the right track to making a full recovery. 💗 God is so good!!

      Delete
  7. Wow, I am so glad your brother is alright!!
    I'm so glad you had a good break. Sometimes all you have to do is step away from something to realize how much time its been taking! I hope your productivity in both projects and relationships continue!
    My family celebrated by going to church together, and then getting to all have lunch together! Since all of us work and my brother now has his own apartment, we don't get to hang out as much as I would like, so it was a very spechil day. <3
    Also, congradulations on the modest dress at Old Navy. That is a rare find. XD I shop there for T-shirts some, but rarely skirts or dresses.
    I've been working a lot doing babysitting, and in my off time spending a lot of time with my family, and trying to finish a draft of a book I'm re-writing. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mikayla! We are too. 😃
      Your Easter Day sounds delightful. 😁 I'm glad you were all able to get together to celebrate our Savior's resurrection.
      I know right?! I was really excited to find it...I've always loved wearing dresses, but it's getting to be very hard these days to shop for modest attire. 😄
      Ooh, a new book!! Best of luck with the rewriting! I can't wait to read it. 😊

      Delete
  8. I’m so glad your brother is safe! I enjoyed reading this update. Don’t feel bad about taking blogging breaks! I love your dress by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely update :) Glad your brother is okay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ellen,
    Just dropping a comment to let you know I sent you some stuff via email. I haven't heard back so I'm not sure you got anything. Hope you are well!
    Mrs.M

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?