Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Musing #56 - Exciting News and a Request for Prayer

Hi friends! I have a most spectacular piece of news to share with you all, as well as a request for prayer and a warning that the frequency of my future posts may be shifted.
First off, my special, exciting, and absolutely amazing news:
My family found out on the eighth day of this month that Mom is pregnant! Yes, that means I am now a sister to eight, and yes, that means we are all very, very excited. The baby is due on Valentine's Day of 2020, but Mom delivers all her babies by C-section, so he or she will probably be born in late January. This is my special news, and you can no doubt guess at the prayer request. ;-) Prayers for a safe pregnancy, a healthy baby, and perfect trust, wisdom, and guidance throughout these next several months are greatly appreciated. 
Now, as for my "warning" . . . 
My mom generally struggles with morning sickness during her first (and maybe second) trimester, and I have a few young siblings to help care for, so if my posts become scarce, you'll know why. I'll do my best to keep you all updated on the new baby (like when we find out if we have a boy or girl) but just so you know, my "weekly" posting schedule might be thrown off here soon.
Thanks in advance for the prayers! 

~Ellen

17 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 20, 2019

    Congratulations, y'all! That's so exciting!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! I know, right? (LOL)

      Delete
  2. AnonymousJune 20, 2019

    Your family is definitely growing!☺ Are you hoping for a brother or sister? I only have one sister, but I can understand schedules getting thrown off. (My mom babysits/tutors four siblings.) I can't wait to here more!☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't have a preference between a boy or a girl, Lilly - I'm just so excited that God has blessed me with a new sibling!

      Delete
    2. AnonymousJune 21, 2019

      Well, most families I know are having boys.☺

      Delete
  3. Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!! So HAPPY for you, Ellen!!! Prayers for health and guidance and peace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Ellen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have 4 siblings, one of them is in heaven and then I have 2 brothers. Then I got a baby sister at 13 so I understand! I also bet you are worried. I will DEFINITELY be praying! I totally understand if you are not posting with siblings to take care of! Tell your mom I am praying!
    God bless,
    Saved

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3
      No, I'm not worried - I have placed my trust in my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Who is always faithful . . . and Who never lets me down.
      Thanks for the prayers, Saved!

      Delete
    2. Me: Lift my arms to heaven and shout "Amen!"
      XXX
      OOO

      Delete
  5. Hi Ellen! I found your blog through Lily on Lily's Tidbits. My mom just recently had the eight child in our family! Big family's are so much fun! I will be praying for your mom!

    ~Beth~

    bethinboots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth - I fully agree with you: big families are AMAZING! :-)

      Delete
  6. BookWorm3,000June 24, 2019

    THAT'S AWESOME NEWS, ELLEN!!!!!!!!!
    I also wanted to tell you that I am on "Elsie's Holidays at Roselands" already! :-) The books are SOOO good so far; thank you for the reading suggestion! :-)
    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! <3
      I'm so glad you're enjoying the "Elsie Dinsmore" books!

      Delete
    2. BookWorm3,000June 26, 2019

      I cried some during that 2nd book; I couldn't help it. I have almost finished it. :-)
      ~Hannah

      Delete
    3. Totally understandable, Hannah! "Elsie's Holidays at Roselands" is such a sad, sad story, but thankfully it all ends happily. :-)

      Delete
  7. Thank you for sharing the news!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?