Monday, February 1, 2021

Monday Musings // I'm Back!

Hello and happy February, friends!! I can't believe it's been almost three weeks since I last posted on this blog. I've definitely missed it, although the break was good for me and gave me extra time to focus on some other, more pressing things going on in my life . . . like judging stories for the Circle C writing contest and taking the PSAT. (the former was fun; the latter, not so much. the test required tons of studying beforehand and absolutely no listening to music *gasp*, then spending four hours in a classroom with a bunch of strange kids and a mask on. I felt physically and emotionally drained for a while afterwards. however, on a positive note, it also meant watching a Sue Thomas episode on a weekday and having one-on-one time with Dad, so that was special. plus, I had great friends praying for me. 💜)
Yesterday (Sunday) was Ruby's first birthday, and my family woke up to snow falling outside. We had several inches by evening. Mom made snow cream (a rare treat consisting of three simple ingredients: snow, milk, and sugar) just for the occasion. 😄
Now, time for the slew of photos you all have been waiting for. 😁

Here I am right outside the school where I took my PSAT, masked up and feeling (somewhat) ready to begin. 
Selfie w/ my lil' sis.
😍😍😍

Eating Cheez-its and doing math together.
A walk in the snow. 😃  
So pretty!! 🤩

Did you enjoy reading this post? Have you ever made snow cream? Let's talk in the comments below!

Blessings,
Ellen S.

34 comments:

  1. Hi Ellen! I'm so glad you're back!! We've never made snow cream, although I want to! We got snow yesterday, too, about six inches. The forecast says it'll snow again today, but I'm happy the way it is! We're planning on going sledding today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caitlyn! I'm very glad to be back! *hugs*
      Wow, that's a lot of snow! We got about 2, 3, or maybe 4 inches total.
      Hope you had fun sledding! 😄

      Delete
    2. We did!! We ended up with eighteen inches!!!!! I haven't seen that much snow since I was seven! And I made snow cream last night :)

      Delete
    3. Eighteen inches?? *jaw drops*
      We're getting more snow today. I'm so excited! 🤩😄🤗
      Thx for commenting!

      Delete
  2. You're back!!!!!!!!!!!! I've missed your posts!!!! The PSAT does NOT sound fun--since I'm not going to college, I don't have to take any of those tests. The snow is so pretty! We got some snow last night, but it's melting already...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Lilly, you're so sweet! 🥰 Yeah, the PSAT wasn't the most fun thing ever, although in all honesty it did go better than I had thought it would. I'm grateful to have it behind me now. 😉

      Delete
  3. I loved this post and the pictures!! No I have never made snow cream, and it also never snows at my house 😂. ❤️s
    -Camille 🤟🌻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Camille!! 😃🤗❤️

      Delete
  4. Glad you're back!! :) You look awesome in a mask, btw... few people do. xD Hope the PSAT went well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this lovely comment, Katja!! It brightened my day. 😊

      Delete
  5. Hi Ellen! Are you allowed to say what age catagory of the contest you're judging, or is it confidential? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Anonymous!! I'm sorry, but I don't feel like that is information I can divulge right now. Thanks for asking, though! 🙂

      Delete
    2. Sure, I understand - I hope the judging goes well! :)

      Delete
    3. You're welcome! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Ellen;
    Nice hearing from you. HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY RUBY. Happiness and Blessings for you.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Ellen! Glad you're back! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! So glad your back! (I commented yesterday and the wifi didn’t let it go through! 😱)

    Happy birthday Ms.Ruby! 😍
    I *love* Cheez It’s 😂 mom can’t buy them or I’ll eat the bag... *guilty laugh*

    Missed ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyyy, Sawyer! That's all right! Thx for taking the time to comment again. 😘
      Cheez-its are soooo good. (my favorite is the white cheddar kind. 😂)
      Missed you too!

      Delete
    2. Of course I would!! ♥️🤗
      Ooooooooo yeah. I’ve only had them once (for good reason 🤣)

      Delete
  9. So great to have you back, Ellen! And a very Happy Birthday to sweet, little miss Ruby! <3 And I can hardly wait to see the results of the Circle C Contest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to hear from you again ☺️ can't believe Ruby is one...

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun! Aww happy birthday Ruby!!!
    We just made snow ice cream the other day too!😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Autumn!
      Ooh, yay! Snow cream is so good. 😋

      Delete
  12. Hi Ellen! Aww happy (late) birthday ruby!!!! Snow cream sounds so good!! annikalorriane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Ellen!
    I missed not seeing a "Monday Musings" post. I hope you post soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you! I hope to post soon as well. 😊

      Delete
  14. Great post! Your little sister is so cute! And the picture of the snow on the tree is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Isabella!! Welcome to my little blog of musings! It's always a delight to hear from new viewers. 😊
      Thanks for your kind words! I'm so glad you enjoyed the post. 🥰

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?