Monday, September 2, 2024

Monday Musings // Time for Allll the Updates


Hello friends! Long time no post. I hope you are all doing well and had a great summer!

Life has been full. I finished my sophomore year of college early May and celebrated with a three-day trip to Virginia Beach with my mom. We got to hang out on the beach, enjoy the sunshine, go book shopping and antiquing, and visit the Regent University campus for the first time! It was all so much fun. 






Another highlight of the summer was going to see the new Christian film Unsung Hero in theater (twice πŸ˜‚). Love that movie!!




Other movies I saw in theater:


Really loved this movie also!!! I was not as impressed with their last film Lifemark, but The Forge absolutely blew me away. It was great seeing the return of characters from War Room and the message was powerful! An easy 5 stars. This movie is a must watch!

  
For the first time, Sight & Sound casted one of their productions live to theaters nationwide! I enjoyed going to view it with my sister.

Other tidbits of life:

  • My parents took a couple trips and left the older kids (myself and the three siblings next closest to me in age) in charge of the younger. We enjoyed playing games, doing our nails (girls), and having a picnic / outdoor tea party😊


  • Mid-June, I got my drivers license!

  • I am continuing to coach at Regent 
  • Also doing some freelance proofreading work
  • I had a couple surgeries-- wisdom teeth extraction at the end of December 2023, then another surgery two weeks ago to resolve something that was causing swelling, discoloration, and pain in my left cheek. 


How my face is healing up after surgery ^^ the doctor is very confident it will continue to heal well with very minimal to no scarring, so praise for that!
as a side note, I am loving my new clip-on earrings featured in the first of the two pictures!

I started my junior year of college a few days after surgery, on August 19th. Thankfully, I felt like I was back into the rhythm of things a couple days in. This will be my third week of Shakespeare, etc. for the semester!

All right, that is all for now. I cannot say when I'll be able to post again, but it was good to return to the blogosphere for a moment today and provide a quick update for any faithful readers who may still occasionally hop on this blog.

But now I'd love to hear from you. How was your summer? Have you seen Unsung Hero, The Forge, or DANIEL? Have you had your wisdom teeth extracted, or do you expect to? Any plans for the fall? Comment below!

Signing off for now,

Not just surviving,

Ellen

5 comments:

  1. Elllen! Hiiiii you're back!! πŸ₯° My summer was full and chaotic (including drivers license, graduation, national comps, and other things) but God was there through it all. I haven't seen...wait... I think I may have watched Unsung Hero, I cannot wait for The Forge!! Kendrick brother movies are incredible.

    So something weird... I had my wisdom teeth removed this July and I had to go back again for my left cheek as well πŸ₯΄

    Fall plans... I need more to post on this πŸ˜‚ Online classes, trying to get some photoshoots in, and who knows what else I'll find myself doing ✨

    I love your blog btw. God Bless! 🩡🩷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!! Great to hear from you. It does sound like you had a busy summer! Congrats on graduating & on getting your license! The Forge is so good - hope you get to see it soon!

      Oh wow, hopefully you're doing better now?

      Aw, thank you!

      Delete
  2. so fun to see a post from you! Loved Unsung Hero! So so good!

    -Sandrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandrina! Thank you! Yes, definitely a new favorite!

      Delete
  3. Oh cool, my family and I watched Unsung Hero for the first time, late in August. I loved hearing the music!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?