Thursday, May 7, 2020

"Dandelion Dust" by Faith Potts

Hey friends!! I don't know about you all, but I've found that this time in quarantine has served as an excellent opportunity to catch up on some reading.
Already I've marked several books off my TBR and discovered a couple new authors whose works I immediately fell in love with. I hope to do a handful of book reviews in the coming weeks, and so today I'm starting with reviewing Dandelion Dust by Faith Potts. Enjoy!  

DANDELION DUST
By Faith Potts



Back Cover Summary: 



Like a speck of dandelion dust riding the tides of a prairie wind, life is fleeting. Though I never realized just how fragile it was until that day . . . 

Charity always had a dream. It was simple, really. Find a guy, fall in love, and get married.

The day she met Ryder, Charity knew he was the man God had chosen for her.  But she never expected their relationship to be tested and tried through the fires of a freak accident. Suddenly, her world is thrown into chaos, and the bleak, white walls and sterile smells of a city hospital fill every spare minute. And then there comes the dreaded news. It was likely Ryder would never make it out of the hospital bed.

As her carefully laid plans for the future come crashing down around her and the sun seems to set on her dreams, can Charity still find hope in the dark of night?

Like a dandelion, life is beautiful. But treasure every moment . . . for one day, the flower will be gone.



My Review:

After having added Faith Potts' Freedom to my favorites shelf, I was eager to read more by this author. And while romance may be one of my absolute least favorite genres, the way Faith incorporates it into her stories is stunning. Charity and Ryder are amazing (and I'm just slightly disappointed I read their short story in Behold before picking up their full-length tale in this book . . .). There was a little more physical interaction than I'm comfortable with between unmarried characters in Dandelion Dust, but overall I found this book to be quite refreshing. Charity is so strong in the faith, and this novella never lost its beautiful Christian outlook. 4.5 stars. =)

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

This month only, Faith is offering FREE e-book copies of any one of her books (Freedom, Dandelion Dust, Love Needs No Words, Behold . . .) in exchange for honest reviews. I've already read almost all her books, but I thought you guys might be interested in this cool deal. :) Go HERE to check it out!

Have you read Dandelion Dust? What's on your TBR for this month? Let's talk in the comments below!

Blessings,

Ellen S.

30 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 07, 2020

    I haven't read this one yet. I read "Love Needs No Words" (then I went and told my sis it had too much romance in it for me. Duh, the title says it all. What was I thinking?) though. I might try this one, once I get caught up with my TBR list (wait, that's not going to happen anytime soon since the library is going to open soon and I have 140 something books to read). Okay, I'm crazy....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I downloaded "Love Needs No Words" on my Kindle this afternoon, but the prologue itself threw me off. Whereas "Freedom" and "Dandelion Dust" had a nicer balance of romance, I think that one may be a little too mushy for me. 😊
      Thanks for commenting, Lilly!

      Delete
    2. AnonymousMay 07, 2020

      I hope you do more book reviews. Have you ever started thinking rationally again so you can tell me your thoughts about "Kiera"????

      Delete
    3. Ahh, yes, working on that now, and I'll let you know as soon as I have. ;)

      Delete
    4. AnonymousMay 12, 2020

      I finished this book a few days ago. I enjoyed it and a review will be coming....um.....sometime soon.🙂

      Delete
    5. Yay! I look forward to hearing your thoughts. :D

      Delete
  2. Ah, yes! I love this book 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *laughs* I figured as much after reading your 5-star rating for it on Goodreads. 😉

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great book!! I actually like certain romance books--more like Courageous Love by Susan K. Marlow, where the romance is kinda on the side and the romance isn't too mushy....
    I'll look into this book. Great review!!!!!!
    ~Gracie~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. :D
      Thanks! <3 To God be the glory!

      Delete
  4. Great job!
    Also- how do you post a post without letting people comment on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sawyer! <3
      When you have your post in the draft stage, click the "options" gadget (on the sidebar) and a list will appear titled "Reader comments." From there you can choose "allow" or "don't allow." Hope this helps! =)

      Delete
    2. Thank you SO much! That worked perfectly <3 =)

      Delete
    3. You're welcome! 😊

      Delete
  5. This book looks SOOO good! I got to read a snippet of it, and oh my, Faith Potts' writing style is to die for! Great book review! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think you'd really enjoy reading "Dandelion Dust." 😊
      Thanks for commenting, Izzy! 🥰

      Delete
  6. oh I loved this one and Freedom too!! and yes, staying home has meant so much more time for reading for me as well --- its so great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks interesting! The blurb sounds a little too focused on romance for what I enjoy, BUT I love romance with a lot of banter and humor. Does this book have that kinda of thing going on or do the characters take themselves pretty seriously?

    -Emma Starr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emma!! I think you'd like this one. :) Faith is always sure to include some fun banter in her books, and even though I, like you, am not a huge romance fan, I found her novella to be very enjoyable. :D

      Delete
    2. Okay, thanks!! :)))

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much for the review, and for sharing about the review copies! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I was happy to do it. :D

      Delete
  9. This sounds like such a good book! I will definitely have to check it out! Also, I have a blog now! Go check it out at caleighcarter.com!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!! You might like it. :D
      HURRAH!! I'm SO excited to have you on the blogosphere, Caleigh!! I popped over and left a comment on your first post, and also subscribed so I won't miss any of your "random thoughts." =) Thanks for sharing! <3

      Delete
  10. This is one of my favorite books!! :D It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, absolutely!! 🤗💖
      Thanks for commenting, Rebekah! 💙

      Delete
  11. Question, is this based on Faith Potts real relationship?

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?