Monday, May 25, 2020

Answers To the Q&A! (Part 1)

Wow, I'm amazed at all the responses I got for last week's Q&A post! *grins* You guys asked some great questions, and I can't wait to answer them. 
As I received over sixty questions (!!!!!), my mom suggested I break this post up over the next several weeks days and take 'em only a few at a time. After all, I don't want to bore my readers too much with a long list of drawn-out replies. ;D 
Okay, we'll start this out by going in the order the comments came in, which means that today's slew of questions come from viewers/followers Lilly and Rhoda. (Thanks so much, girls!!) 
Here we go! 

Do you have your own room? I do, and I love it!! The familiar white desk littered in paper, comforting purple wall opposite my bed, and, of course, the gorgeous view from outside my windows all help to make up my little writing/sleeping/doing-schoolwork corner. :)

Do you like to bake? How about cook? Uh, no and . . . no. I pretty much flunk anything I try my hand at baking (except for, on rare occasions, pumpkin cookies and cherry cobbler). The kitchen is not my happy place unless Mom is in there and wants to talk. ;D In all honesty, I don't really have a desire to bake/cook.

Is your bookshelf overflowing yet? Seeing as how I have a bunch of bookshelves (along with an amazing Kindle e-book reader!), none of them are overflowing yet . . . except my Andi Carter shelf. =) (I'll have to post pictures of that at some point . . .)

Is your house big? Not sure what the exact definition of "big" is, but yes, our house is the perfect size for a family of eleven. A couple of us (like me!) even have our own rooms.

Have you been homeschooled all your life? Yep! Sure have! And I treasure every moment of it. :)

Have you ever ridden a roller coaster? Yes. It was one of the most traumatic times of my life and don't plan on ever doing it again. XD

Are you wanting to go to college? If God wills, then yes, I'm interested in pursuing a college career and earning an English degree, as I really, really want a job as a professional editor. :) In the meantime, I hope to be a sonographer and volunteer at our local pregnancy center.

What's your favorite book of the Bible? Hmm, I don't think I have one. ;)

What denomination is your church? Somehow I don't think this is the first time I've been asked this. *smiles*
I go to a church where the Word of God is preached, the congregation sings praises to our Savior, and prayer is taught to be an essential key to life. I'd prefer not to center my blog or my book (The Whispers God Gives) around my personal religious beliefs. As long as you acknowledge you're a sinner who's been saved by the blood of Christ in His death and resurrection alone, and that He's coming back for us someday, that's all that matters to me. :)

Do you like skirts or dresses better? Skirts all the way! 

What's the funniest thing you've heard a child say? Oh. Wow. They say plenty of funny things. Ummmmmm . . . Off the top of my head, the one I can most plainly remember is when we went to church on a Sunday morning and sat near the front of the sanctuary. Our pastor stepped out of a back room to take his place at the pulpit, and my five-year-old sister exclaimed, "Look! It's God!" (uh, no, sweetheart. just the preacher.) XD

What song would you say best sums you up? Eeks, there're so many songs I absolutely love and feel like I can relate to. I guess I'll go with "What If I Gave Everything?" by Casting Crowns, as that's the one currently playing. :D

What was the last book you read? "A Dim Reflection" by Aleigha C. Israel. (Soooooooo good! 5+ stars.)

What was the first blog you followed? Ellianna's Blog

Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car? Ooh, another hard one! (You're so good at this, Rhoda!) I've never driven a car or rode a horse (although I definitely want to do both at some point), so I reckon my vote is for a bike. ;)

If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be? Take my favorite pale-pink headset and my cellphone bound in its pretty floating-glitter case and go for a walk, listening to music and enjoying God's creation. Then I'll come back to the house, type, and eat a bowl of warm chicken and dumplings. =)

If you had to change your name, what would you want to change it to, and why? CHANGE MY NAME???? NOOOOOOO!!! I LOVE my name. But wait? I have no choice? Grrr . . . *furrows brow in concentration* I suppose if I really must change it . . . probably Louise, as that's something my mom has called me ever since I can remember and has become like my second name anyway. LOL

ASSUMPTIONS:

You don't drive yet. This is a correct assumption. My older brother and I hope to attend Driver's Ed this summer, after all the COVID-19 restrictions let up.

You like swimming. Right again!! :)

You stay up late. Yeah, I guess you could say that. ;) Especially if I have a new book to read or have been flooded with a sudden inspiration for a story I'm writing. 

You love hanging out with your family. :-) True, true, true!! Great job on the assumptions, Lilly! You seem to know me well. =)

You love kids and are glad you're in a big family. Absolutely!!! *nods* My family is AMAZING.

Was this fun or what?! Be sure to stay tuned for the upcoming parts of the Q&A challenge! 

Blessings,

Ellen S.

28 comments:

  1. This was so fun to read! Great answers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. I love the part 1 because that is exactly what I am doing. lol I don't want to boar anyone to death!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *laughs* Yes, probably a good idea. ;)

      Delete
  3. This was really fun to read, Ellen!! I'm working on getting my answers done..... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Caitlyn!! I'm looking forward to reading your answers as well. :)

      Delete
  4. AnonymousMay 25, 2020

    This was so fun to read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you know how dangerous it is to walk with headphones!?!?!?!?!?!?! (LOL) Roller coasters are the best! (And traumatic for some people....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lilly!! Your comment made me smile. :) I've only recently started walking with headphones on, and so far I've been enjoying it greatly! I think if I stick to the sidewalks it's not so dangerous, but biking/walking on the main road may be a different story. :D And yes, roller coasters are a nightmare for me. ;)

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 25, 2020

    These were such good answers to questions I am glad to know you more.
    ~Arielle W
    silentfootgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 25, 2020

    That was so much fun!!! :D I'm starting driving this year too! I just need to get the booklet and read it before I can get my permit. :D I'm so excited!
    ~Elate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh, wow, that's so cool! Congrats! 😊

      Delete
  8. Wow Ellen, this post is so fun to read! I can't wait to read your other answers! When I read what your sister said I laughed my head off XD I'm sure your church members loved it!

    annikalorriane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annika!! 🤗🤗🤗

      Delete
  9. I loved reading this! Can't wait for more! :D

    And sorry my questions were hard... ;P

    ~R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🤗🤗🤗
      Hey, that's all right!! I had fun. 😉

      Delete
  10. I LOVED this Ellen!!!! Sooo fun to read! I can totally relate to you! I am in a family of (almost) 13 and my family is amazing too!!! I'm getting my drivers permit this fall too so that's exciting! :)
    ~Autumn
    farmandphotgraphylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Autumn!!! Welcome to my little blog of musings. 😊 Thanks so much for reading and leaving a comment! I'm glad you enjoyed this post. Q&As are a lot of fun. 🤗 And yay! We have a bunch in common. Big families rock! ❤

      Delete
    2. Yes they do!!!!!!

      And sorry didn't realize ai was on my moms account when I commented last time lol. At least I did sign my name 😄

      Delete
    3. Haha, that's all right! :)

      Delete
  11. Fun!! :))) It's great to learn all these lovely little things about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, sweet Emma. ❤❤❤

      Delete
  12. I LOVE THIS!! The story about your little sister cracked me up XD Also, I've gone on roller coaster rides, too, and have to agree with you...sometimes they're fun, but one time it scarred me forever LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad! <3
      Yes! *shudders* Roller coasters just aren't my thing. :)

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?