Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day & Fresh-Picked Strawberries

Hello friends!! Happy Mother's Day to all the lovely ladies out there whom God has called to nurture and care for so many children. And a very special shout-out to my own wonderful mother, mama of nine and the bestest friend ever to a huge bunch of little ones! <3 (Love you so much, Mom!)
To celebrate this memorial day, my family went strawberry-picking at a local farm, and we had a fabulous time! Plenty of ripe strawberries and pleasant weather. The line to get to the farm wasn't too, too long, and definitely worth the wait! 


As Mom had to nurse Ruby, and Dad was keeping an eye on several of our other youngsters, I was in charge of Sadie (my two-year-old sister). I had her on my hip most of the time (she ate strawberries while I picked them), and this brought about a funny, sort-of embarrassing incident. We were kneeling in the middle of a row of bushes, seizing fat, rosy-red strawberries and dropping them into our box, when an older lady passed by. Seeing Sadie and me, she called out, "Happy Mother's Day!" It took me a moment to grasp what she meant, and then oops. Guess it looked like I had a daughter for the day! ๐Ÿ˜‚ 
I'm so very thankful for our dear mamas, who take the time to kiss, talk, cuddle, pray, cook, and teach, then do the process all over again. THANK YOU, JESUS, FOR MY MOM!! <3

Mom, Sadie, and me at the beach last summer. :-)
What's one thing you love about your mom?

11 comments:

  1. Funny. I have been a 'mom' many times for the day. *laughing*
    I love that my mom is always there for me and listens. Send love to your mom for me today! <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! One time, I was helping take care of my mom's friends four girls (all under 8), and I remember getting some strange stares from people as I walked by with four little girls following after me, lol! My mom is so very comforting and a great listener!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! Those strawberries look so good! <3 (I LOVE strawberries ;-) )

    Haha, that happened to my older sister once (when my youngest sis was a baby.) My older sis was holding my Lil sis, and a lady walked past and said, "is that your son?"
    My sis was like, "it's my sister."
    It was hilarious!
    My baby sister's hair was very short, but she was wearing girly clothes. Idk, why the lady thought she was a boy XD.

    My mom is great at taking away my worries, without even knowing (at least I don't think she knows--I'm not usually very open about my worries...)

    ~R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet post, Ellen! I am so grateful for my awesome mother too! I hope your mother had a wonderful Mother's Day today!
    I've had something like that happen to me too...Except it was VERY embarrassing. When my mom was pregnant with our youngest, she was at a doctor's appointment and Daddy took us to Cracker Barrel. Only a few minutes after being seated, a middle-aged couple stopped by our table and mooned over how many kids there were. My dad (for some reason) had told them him and my mother's age. Then the man tapped me on the shoulder, looked at my dad a bit teasingly, and said, "She looks a bit younger than--(I will refrain from including my mom's age. I don't think she would like that๐Ÿ˜)
    I was SOOO embarrassed! I don't think he really thought I was my dad's wife, but it was embarrassing nevertheless. I'm cringing as I write this...
    I always look forward to posts from you, Ellen!!
    ~Gracie~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, aren't mothers great! Looks like you had heaps of fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww this looks like such a fun time! And the adorable picture. <3 You look so happy!

    When Eden was a baby sometimes people would think that abou us too! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 10, 2020

    Oh, that's such a fun story! I love my mom simply for always being there for me. ❤
    ~Elate

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousMay 11, 2020

    That story of someone calling you 'mom' has happened to several of my friends with younger sisters. ๐Ÿคฃ Sounds like y'all had a fun and enjoyable day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww cute story! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousMay 11, 2020

    WOW! What a line waiting to pick strawberries. My mom would always sit up with me when i would have an Asthma attack while dad and my sisters slept. Sadie is a doll.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?