Friday, May 29, 2020

Answers To the Q&A! (Part 5)

Happy Friday, friends!! Today I'm posting the fifth and final part of the Q&A, starring answers to questions from Abby J., Bookworm3,000 (Hannah), SawyerMarie, and Lilly. Enjoy!! <3

What's the weirdest way a story you've written (or plan to write sometime) has been inspired? Eeks, I've been inspired in sooooo many different ways. The weirdest of them? Hmm . . . Probably when my baby sister developed a belly button hernia. She's the only one out of all nine of us kids who ever had that happen, and we weren't sure what to do. Thankfully, (a bunch of gauze and a doctor's visit later) her belly button has considerably shrunken. From this unexpected experience, I was spurred into writing a short story titled "Belly Button Problems." (not the most creative title ever, I know, but I haven't fixed it up yet.)


Do you ever drink coffee? Not really. Knowing how tea affects my body, I'm a little wary of drinking coffee on a normal basis.

Do you write best at night, in the morning, or during the day? Late at night, when everyone is in bed and it's just me, my music, the computer, and God. :)

Which Bible character (outside of Jesus :D) do you admire/want to be like most? Either Paul or Esther. =)

Which March sister are you the most like? (if you've read "Little Women"; if not, this question is null and void. :D) Wow, it's been a long time I last picked up that book, and I don't even know if it was the original edition. I remember Beth always being my favorite character, but I'm not sure which sister I'd actually relate to. Maybe Amy?

How do you get story inspirations? Music, prayer, long, refreshing walks outside, pep talks w/ my family, and . . . wait for it . . . food. Seriously, hearing the name of something tasty causes my mouth to water and my mind to churn. (and yes, food is mentioned a lot in my stories. How did you know?) ;)

Would you eat a tarantula (a giant spider from Asia) for $30 or less? Ewww, no!! I'd maybe do it for $3,000 or more.

Would you touch a live tarantula if the fangs were removed for $30 or less? Okay, that sounds more doable. Yes, I would. But only touch. Not hold.

Would you rather visit Alaska or Hawaii? Hawaii. :)

Has a toddler (besides a family member) ever said they loved you and then proceeded to give you a big hug? Noooo . . . *furrows brow in concentration* I don't think so. 

What is your second favorite color? Mint or pale green. :)

Who is your role model? My mom. <3

Would you rather meet Mother Theresa or Amy Carmichael? Amy Carmichael.

Jackets or hoodies? Jackets!

How far west have you been? I've made it to Colorado. No further. (I think.)

Have you ever been to youth group? Nope!

Have you ever played any sports? None that I can recall.

Are you learning a language? Si, yo estudio espanol. :)

Have you been out of the country? Yes. Mom and Dad took my older brother and me to Italy a long, long time ago. I don't remember any of it, though. XD I was still wearing diapers and being wheeled around in a stroller at the time.

Have you ever been skiing? No, I have not, although I'd like to give it a try at some point.

ASSUMPTIONS:

You don't like the whole COVID quarantine, but you do like that it's given you more time with your family and books. Definitely! :)

You love your name. YESSSSSSSSSS!!! <3 <3 <3

If you have any cousins your age, you enjoy being with them immensely (even if you don't see them very often). Sadly, I don't have any cousins around my age, so I'm afraid this assumption is false. 

Your favorite author is Susan K. Marlow. Why, how did you ever guess??? ;)

You are super excited about your new book. Ohhhhh myyyyy yesssss. *jumps up and down* *squeals* SUPER excited. :)

All right, we have officially reached the end!! Thanks so much to each and every one of you for supplying all the awesome questions that made this whole thing possible. I had a lot of fun, and I hope you guys did as well. :D What say you: should we do it again sometime soon? :)

Blessings,

Ellen S.

8 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 29, 2020

    This was so fun to read!!!! I'm going to be sad not to see five posts every week. (Please post soon!) You're learning Spanish too!!!!!!!! *high five* I though I was one of the only (weird) ones is the U.S. who's never been to youth group. (Like, even though our church doesn't offer youth group, almost all the kids have gone to our "niece" church for youth group.) 🙂🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this!!! Yes do it again sometime!!😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! You should do this again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've enjoyed reading these so much!! <33

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so fun!!! I'm sad it's the end :(. And yes!!!!!! You should totally do it again! I enjoy asking questions and seeing the answers :)
    ~Gracie~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was fun! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved all your answers, Ellen! It was so fun to get to know you better. Definitely do it again sometime. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AnonymousMay 31, 2020

    Great job Ellen! SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?