Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Guest Post With My Little Sister

Hey friends!! I have a special treat for you guys today. :) As I'm currently in a writing slump, my sweet younger sister, Marah S., so kindly volunteered to guest post here on my blog and share one of her lovely poems with you all. Enjoy, and be sure to leave her an encouraging note in the comments below!



SUNSET
by Marah Senechal

Sitting on the porch, the sun going down
All the family was gathered around.
Seeing the sky of yellow and pink,  
Watching the golden sun slowly sink.
Down and down went the great big sun
Promising tomorrow will be more fun.
Soon the sky was ever so black,
But we all remembered the sun would be back.
Getting on our knees that night, 
We prayed, "Thank You, Lord, that You are the Light.
You never go down at the end of the day;
Thank You, Lord, that You are the Way."

Marah Senechal is the fourth-oldest child in a great family of eleven. She enjoys biking, playing the piano, playing with her pet hamster Harmony, football, and writing poems about Jesus and her favorite football team, the Green Bay Packers.

17 comments:

  1. Ms.Author like her big sister!
    Great job Marah! <333 Your so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marah, what a beautiful poem, straight from the heart. I like the thought that the Lord, our light, doesn't go down at the end of the day. Isn't that an awesome concept. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Keep on writing dear Marah, God has given you a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem, Marah! Thank you so much for sharing! Writing poetry is great isn't it?!?

    ~ Jemima

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Marah! Thanks for being brave enough to share, that was a beautiful poem ❤️. Looking forward to one day meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That poem was really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful poem from my beautiful girl! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my goodness, what a beautiful poem, Marah! You have a wonderful gift! I hope I'll be reading more from you soon! 😊
    ~Gracie~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is awesome, Marah! I didn't know that you loved to write poetry. :)

    (I also LOVE to write poetry. Isn't it fun??)

    The images you have here are really beautiful and the message is so meaningful!

    Beautiful!! Keep glorifying God with your gifts. *hugs*


    P.S. I love to see that you are enjoying playing piano. ;) ;) ;)

    - Emma Starr

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousMay 06, 2020

    Oh wow. This is really good, Marah. Keep up the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely poem! Also I love hamsters! :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, "Sunset" is such a gorgeous poem! Bravo, Marah! Thank you for sharing, Ellie <333

    ReplyDelete
  12. AnonymousMay 06, 2020

    Hi Marah Nice to hear for you and to read your lovely poem. Have a great day and stay safe and well.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful poem, Marah!!!! <333

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marah S.May 07, 2020

    Thank you all so much for your encouraging comments! They made me smile. :)

    -Marah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marah, what a beautiful poem! I thoroughly enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, it would be fun to hear a post about your family!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?