Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Answers To the Q&A! (part 2)

Hello and welcome to the second part of the Q&A challenge! Thanks to Rhoda, Leah, Sarah Grace, and Caleigh for supplying the questions/assumptions featured in this post. :) Enjoy! 

Who/what gave you the idea to start a blog? My mom. On August 11th, 2018, she adamantly told my dad and me, "By this time next year, we need to get Ellie a blog." And so, just a few months later, I was officially publishing my first post on my brand-new corner of the web, "Ellen's Musings." =) 

Do you have pets? If so, how many and what are they? Yes, my sister has a hamster named Harmony. Before that, we owned a parakeet called Blue, who recently died of old age (we had her for several years). 

What's your favorite part about writing a book? Praying and waiting for the words God wants me to use. <3

What has God taught you the most about writing your devo? Oh, SO many things. Seriously. He really used writing that book to help me grow in Him. Some of the main lessons would probably be: have patience, surrender my everything to Him, keep a sharp eye out for any sign He might be trying to show me, trust Him, and PRAY. :)
(oh, and by the way . . . speaking of The Whispers God Gives, I FINALLY got around to packaging everybody's goodies!! Next step: take 'em to the post office and send 'em. Yay! Who else is excited??)
Ready to go!
If you could choose one fictional character from any book to meet, who would that be? Andi Carter Prescott. Without a doubt. ;D

If you could meet any historical figure, who would that be? Hmmm, probably Corrie ten Boom. 

What are your three top favorite books? What?! *sharp intake of breath* I have to narrow my favorites down to THREE? Well, I guess it's better than choosing only one, so . . . "Tales from Memory Creek Ranch" by Susan K. Marlow, "The Torch Keepers" by Hosanna Emily, and "Red Rover, Red Rover" by Perry Elisabeth Kirkpatrick. 

What's your favorite movie? (I know you're not a movie person, but you've got to have a favorite movie!) Okaayyyy . . . "The Apple Dumpling Gang." :)

If you could go anywhere in the world for a dream vacation, where would you go? Eeks!! There're a lot of places on my "want-to-visit" list. The UK, North Carolina, Washington, California . . . I don't think I could pick just one. ;)

ASSUMPTIONS:

You love dark chocolate (but not too dark). Sadly, no. I'm not a chocolate fan, no matter what kind it is. :)

You are VERY close to your whole family. Sure am!!! *grins*

You spend more time with your sisters than your brothers. Hmm, not necessarily. Depends on the day. =)

Thanks, guys!! Y'all are AMAZING. I look forward to responding to the rest of the questions!! Stay tuned, and be sure to comment below and tell me if you relate to any of my answers. :)

Blessings,

Ellen S.

26 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 26, 2020

    This was so fun to read. And the first answer is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! *smiles* Thanks for reading, Lilly! :)

      Delete
  2. I want you to visit the UK 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I want YOU to visit the US. 😊

      Delete
  3. This was fun! ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been loving hearing your answers to these questions!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your answers, Ellen!!! Q&As are so fun to read--I can only imagine the fun of answering the questions--and the difficulty XD.
    Btw, I kinda figured you'd pick Andi--simply because I know you love the Circle C and because I do too. (Don't you HATE that the Circle C series is FICTION???? I want to meet all of the characters so bad!!)
    ~Gracie~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Q&As are super fun! (But I don't mind admitting that they may be just a tad bit difficult, too 😂).
      I LOVE THE CIRCLE C!!!! Everything about Andi, Riley, their friends and family . . . 😍😍😍 I'm kinda glad the characters are fiction, though (as much as I WOULD like to meet them), 'cause then we can come up with stories all our own about who they are and what they're up to (i.e. our contest stories "Lead Me" and "Nanny Andi"). 😊
      Thanks for commenting, Gracie! ❤

      Delete
    2. Haha, I can't wait till I start a blog (hopefully sometime soon) so I can do one of these Q&A.
      ME TOOOOOOO!!!!! Like, don't get me started on my love for those books. You'd have WAY too long of a comment to read XD. But you're right, we wouldn't be able to think up new adventures...
      I guess I am glad they are fictional...
      It was my pleasure!
      ~Gracie~

      Delete
  6. Ooh! I loved "The Apple Dumpling Gang"! XD. And Andi Carter Prescott is who I'd wanna meet too ;-)
    I'm loving all your answers! :D

    ~R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))))))))
      Thanks, Rhoda! <3

      Delete
  7. Hi Ellen! That's funny that it was your mom's idea for you to have a blog! I started my blog by myself, it took me a while XD But I got a lot of help for Izzy. I didn't know my mom had a blog until I started mine. I am going to have to read The Circle C series. =D
    ~Annika @ annikalorriane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annika!! Yes, my mom is truly one of my strongest writing/blogging supporters. She takes the time to read just about every one of my posts and give me her feedback. :) That's so cool that Izzy helped you set up your blog!! <3
      Ah, yes, you'll definitely have to read Susan K. Marlow's books at some point! I love 'em all so much and I think you would, too. :)
      Thanks for commenting! :D

      Delete
  8. AnonymousMay 26, 2020

    This is fun! :D
    ~Elate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elate! *grins* *nods* I totally agree. ;)

      Delete
  9. How could you NOT like chocolate?!?! Anyway, this was really fun to read, Ellen :)!! ~Caitlyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. I just don't. XD
      Thanks, Caitlyn! <3

      Delete
  10. The Apple Dumpling Gang is the best! Lots of fun answers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katelyn!! Yes, it is! 😊 Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  11. This was really fun to read!
    I’m in the middle of The Torch Keepers right now! That’s neat that you read it! I can’t wait to get your book in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! :) I'm so excited that you're reading "The Torch Keepers"! Hope you're enjoying it as much as I did. =)
      I was one of Hosanna's ARC readers last year. If you're interested, here's the link to the review I posted on my blog:
      http://musingsbyellen.blogspot.com/2019/08/musing-81-torch-keepers-by-hosanna-emily.html
      Thanks again! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on "The Torch Keepers"! <3 (And I can't wait for you to get my book, either! *wink* I'm praying God uses it to bless you. :D)

      Delete
  12. So cool! Loved reading it, Ellie!! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, yay! Thank you much, Izzy! <33

      Delete
  13. So fun! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?