Saturday, December 15, 2018

Welcome to My First "Musing"

Welcome to "Ellen's Musings"! Thanks so much for stopping by. You are greatly welcome here. 
A little bit about my blog and me:
I (Ellen) love to write and read, and I do so with a passion for Christ. This blog will include all of my "musings," whenever I feel like writing down a thing or two. I don't promise any regular posts, nor do I promise any one type of writing. Some days it may be a poem, and other days a story. You never know! And whatever I write, it's all for God's glory! 
For my first post, I completed a poem titled "God's Great Gift," which talks of what happened that Christmas Day. As we approach this special day, I hope you know how much you're loved.
This day and every day.


God’s Great Gift



Love came down to die for us

It did not come by plane, car, or bus.

It was a Heavenly Being, a Righteous One,

Who came in the form of a Baby Son.

He was born by a woman and laid in a cradle of hay

So that we might all come, and have hope while we pray.

His Father sent Him down to die for the sake of all,

There is no sacrifice like this, that He obeyed the call,

Leaving His palace of splendor, His gates of gladness,

To come down to this earth, this earth full of sadness.

Christmas is the twenty-fifth of December;

This is the day on which we all remember

That Jesus Christ is our loving Savior, our selfless God,

Who leads us now with staff and rod.

Really, Christmas is not just one day a year,

But a joyous thought that could bring us all cheer,

If only we stop oft and think on such a glorious thought.

God’s sacrifice saved this earth from the trap in which we were caught.

Every day is Christmas, in a way, and Jesus deserves to be praised,

For He, the Righteous, Holy One, was born, and killed, and raised,

To give us hope and endless life,

To give us a promise amidst the pain and strife.

Who has greater love than He,

Who gave His Life for you and me?

"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." JOHN 15:13
And (my personal favorite):
"For the Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve, and to give His Life as a ransom for many." MATTHEW 20:28

I hope you enjoyed this little "musing"! Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments :-). I love hearing from readers.

~Ellen




27 comments:

  1. Yay! You are on a good roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem is so beautiful! I look forward to reading all of your musings❤ Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you, Mom :-). Thank you so much for your constant encouragement :-).

      ~Ellen

      Delete
  3. lets go, Ellie!!!! Woohoo! I will be cheering you on all the way😊 ~Caleigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Caleigh! :-)

      ~Ellen

      Delete
  4. Good job, Ellie! I look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! May God continue to bless you and your musings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful! Well written.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Ellie!
    Love it!
    And yes this is Sandrina, (can't figure out this google account!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sandrina!

      ~Ellen

      Delete
  8. wow, I didn't know you had a blog! Yay!!!

    BTW, I have a blog too. in case your interested...

    www.littlerancher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Lexah! Yes, I have visited your blog. It's awesome!

      ~Ellen

      Delete
  9. I had no idea you had a blog! If I did I would have checked it out way sooner! I love your poem!

    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're super sweet and an awesome encourager, Leah! Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment :-).

      Delete
  10. I love it, Ellen. I'm sorry that the comment is late; I didn't find out about it until today. :-)
    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful beginning to your blog, a gentle, loving poem, and words of life.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment my little blog of "musings," Emily!

      Delete
  12. Wow- can you image how much your blog has grown Ellie? Love this post- LOVE your blog. Love you. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Sawyer! 😭 Thanks so much for all the support you've given over the past year and a half. It's meant so much to me. *BIG HUGS* I am indeed amazed at how God has grown and shaped this blog! And I'm very thankful to have been able to meet YOU. 😊 Keep shining for Him, sweet friend! 💕 Praying for you!

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?