Tuesday, May 31, 2022

I Graduated from High School!

Last week I celebrated reaching a huge milestone: graduating from high school. A few days before that, I opened my own bank account, and earlier on in the month, I started my first job. I get excited to think of all the ways I have witnessed God's hand in my life over the years, and especially now as I embark on this newest chapter and He reveals to me just how He has been using certain things (like school) to get me exactly where He wants me right here, right now. Lord willing, I will be working my job through the summer, doing driver's ed, enjoying time with my family, and then . . . entering college as a full-time student in the fall to get my degree in English. But none of this would have been possible without God and my family. God has been paving the way for me; He has given me a drive and a focus; I am seeing all my hopes and dreams come to life right before my very eyes. And all I can say is thank You, Jesus. 

Thank you also, Mom and Dad, for teaching me and leading me; for not giving up on me, even on my more difficult days. Thank you for your support and love. Thank you for all you've done that has allowed me to thrive, to learn and grow and seek to have a heart like Jesus. Your impact has gone a long, long way into shaping me into the person who I am today. I love you both so much <3

If you are a high/middle/elementary student struggling to finish . . . if you think the dull, boring subjects don't matter or your efforts aren't worth it . . . think again. Someday you, too, will be able to look back and see the fruits of your endeavors. Someday you, too, can reflect and think on all the ways of how God used even something like school to grow you; how He provided and brought you through it. And if you're a homeschooled student like I was from kindergarten through high school, consider yourself especially blessed that your mom (and/or dad) recognizes your purpose and potential enough that they have decided to personally pour into you. Treat them with the respect they deserve; come to them for help when you need it; and definitely let them know you appreciate them. Your family gives you the support no one else ever could.

Well, farewell for now. I hope to come back soon with a book review, though, so stay tuned.


Not just surviving,

Ellen S.

16 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 31, 2022

    HUGE congratulations, Ellen! Class of 2022! 🥳🥳🥳 excited to see what happens in this next stage of life ♥️
    -SawyerMarie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sawyer! 😘

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Ellen!!! That's a big achievement and I'm happy for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 01, 2022

    Congrats, Ellen! It must be so exciting to see what God has in store for your life!
    -Lilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lilly! It is indeed very exciting! 😄

      Delete
  4. AnonymousJune 01, 2022

    Congratulations Ellen. Wishing you a world of success and happiness.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura DannerJune 04, 2022

    Congratulations Ellen!!! 🎈🎈🎈

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! 😃💕

      Delete
  6. Huzzah to the class of 2022! Congrats Ellen!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Ellen! Congratulations!! Many blessings on this adventure God has called you to! “For I know the plans I have for you! Plans to give you hope and a future.”Jeremiah 29:11.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Emma! I appreciate the sweet comment and the verse. <3
      And welcome to the blog!

      Delete
  8. Hey btw, congrats! I actually graduated from homeschool this year too! 🥳 So cool! You actually look like a friend of mine (who also graduated) in your pictures. Ik you're not but you look so similar. I graduated early so you're probably older than me but it's still cool! I'm currently not doing college though. I'm not sure if I will yet. 😉 Hope you're enjoying. 😊 -Sara Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much! And congratulations to you as well - that is wonderful!
      Yes, I have indeed been enjoying this newest chapter of college & work. 😊
      I hope you are enjoying this new season of your life, as well. Whether college is in your future or not, I know God has amazing plans in store for you! Keep seeking Him 💗

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?