Saturday, February 23, 2019

Musing #26 - A Live Worship Experience

Hi, y'all! So, Thursday night I had a most memorable experience - one I have been looking forward to with much anticipation for a while now. "What is this 'memorable experience'?" you ask. Well, just this:


As you can tell from viewing my profile (found on the sidebar of this blog), my favorite music is by Casting Crowns, particularly their song, "Voice of Truth," which was a life-changer for me. I don't think a day goes by without me listening to at least one (if not two) of their songs. They're all so powerful, so meaningful. 

So, where am I going with all this?

Thursday night, I was part of a live worship experience.

Yes, that means I was part of a huge audience, all clapping, all cheering, all smiles. And who do you think was there, performing on stage for God's glory?

Mark Hall and his band!

I lifted my hand high, my voice still higher, as Casting Crowns made their way through their "Only Jesus" album and a series of other, older songs. When they struck the first beat for "Voice of Truth," I felt ecstatic. My heart swirled with joy and thankfulness that I was there. I don't think I've ever put more effort and feeling into my voice than I did then. I was on my feet, my arms in the air. 

Oh, what I would do to have,
The kind of faith it takes to climb out of this boat I'm in,
Onto the crashing waves . . .*

Other than "Voice of Truth," they also sung, "Nobody," "Only Jesus," "Praise You in this Storm," "Courageous," "Thrive," "Oh My Soul," "One Step Away," and others. During intermission, I got a new book, Only Jesus, a Voice that Sounds Like Home, by Mark Hall. (You can find a picture of this book below.) 

All in all, it was an amazing, a wonderful, an unforgettable experience, and I thank You so very much, Lord, for making it possible for me to attend this concert :-).



And I, I don't want to leave a legacy,
I don't care if they remember me.
ONLY JESUS.**

If you would like to listen to some of the beautiful songs I heard Thursday night, you may do so by going here:


Enjoy!




What about you? Have you ever been part of a "live worship experience"? Do you ever want to be? 
Who is your favorite singer? Your favorite band? Are you a Casting Crowns fan?
Let's talk in the comments below!



~Ellen

* From "Voice of Truth"
**From "Only Jesus"



18 comments:

  1. Casting Crowns is such a good band! And so is their song Nobody!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to know another Casting Crowns fan, Lilly! Is "Nobody" your favorite of their songs? :-)

      Delete
    2. Yes, Ellen, Nobody is one of my favorite. I also like Thrive, Glorious Day, and Courageous. I seen them in concert 3 years ago, and I loved it!

      Delete
    3. That's FANTASTIC, Lilly!

      Delete
  2. That's so exciting to be able to hear your favorite band in person, but to experience a song that means so much to you, live by the writers and performers is wonderful. I'm sure you'll always remember that. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! Yes, it was a most WONDERFUL experience, one I truly cherish and am so very, very grateful for :-).

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of "Casting Crowns" before. But have you heard of Danny Gokey? He's a really good Christian singer and his music is good too:-)
    -HRG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've heard of Danny Gokey, although I don't believe I've ever listened to any of his songs. Do you have a favorite of his? :-)

      Delete
    2. Yes I do! I like "Masterpiece" and "Comeback"!! They're really good songs!
      -HRG

      Delete
  4. I have been blessed to be able to attend several live concerts, including Casting Crowns, Mercy Me, and a lot of bands from long before you were born ;-). I think my best worship experience was with a band called "The 2nd Chapter of Acts." Sadly, I don't think they're around anymore. My favorite band now, which I've gotten to see three times in the last two years, is "Newsboys". Michael Tait is a great worship leader, also. He truly has a heart after God, and it is reflected in his music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds so fun! I like "He Reigns" by Newsboys :-).

      Delete
  5. So glad you had the opportunity to attend the concert, Ellie, and hopefully you will get to attend many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a VERY enjoyable experience ;-).

      Delete
  6. BookWorm3,000February 24, 2019

    That sounds WONDERFUL, Ellen! So glad you got to go. I've never listened to their music before, though. I like the album "In Christ Alone" by Keith and Kristyn Getty, and I also like albums by Sovereign Grace Music. :-) Have you heard of either of those albums?
    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hannah! YES, I have heard of Keith and Kristyn, and I believe I've seen their song, "In Christ Alone," (but it's an album? Is there more than one song in that album?) and . . . hmm . . . Soveriegn Grace Music sounds familiar, but I can't quite place it.

      Delete
    2. I love Keith and Kristyn Getty! My family has like five of their albums.

      Delete
    3. BookWorm3,000February 26, 2019

      Yes Ellen. It's an album and they have the actual song "In Christ Alone" in the album. :-)
      -Hannah

      Delete
    4. Thank you so much for the information, Lilly and Hannah!

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?