Friday, November 1, 2019

Musing #102 - I'm Doing Camp NaNoWriMo!!

This is my first year ever, y'all, and it was kind of a last-minute decision, but . . . I'm officially participating in Camp NaNoWriMo! 
I. AM. SO. EXCITED!!!
All during the month of November, I'll be snatching up free moments to work on my novel, America. The goal is to reach 50,000 words, and I'm eager to take on the challenge. (But keep in mind that you are reading the work of a girl who has never hit 15,00 words in one book before.) I'll be wracking my brain and pounding on the keyboard for a straight month. And if I come back to the blogging world in December absolutely drained, you'll know why. ;-)
Now for another bit of news: 
While I don't plan on laying off blogging entirely, I am going to draw back a bit, and I probably won't have a good, full-length post to share for a time. Hang in there, though - you guys will be some of the first to see my book once it's written and polished. :-) And - hold up! I just remembered that I do have a couple finished stories I'd love to share with my readers. I'll copy those onto my blog and schedule them to post throughout the next few weeks. Hopefully that'll soften the blow for you all. ;-)
So, good-bye for now!!

A fun writing quote for extra inspiration. :-)

Interested in knowing more about Camp NaNoWriMo? Click HERE to visit the official site.
Are you doing Camp NaNoWriMo this year? If so, what's your username so that I can find you? 

26 comments:

  1. I just heard of NaNoWriMo through another blogger friend. I wanted to do it, but November is one of the craziest month, and besides, I am doing a writing class this year. There is always NEXT year, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found camp NaNoWriMo. It looks like a good place to write a novel!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I had seen that too!

      Delete
    3. I'd love to see both of you participate in this! It's challenging but rewarding, and just what I need to keep my fingers to the keys. :-)

      Delete
    4. Yes, I love challenges, so maybe next year I can give it a try!

      Delete
    5. Oh, btw, what is the difference between NaNoWriMo and YWP NaNoWriMo? Is it by your gradeor age, or something else?

      Delete
    6. I think the difference would be age, yes, but also what you're comfortable with doing. You could be 13 and still do the adult NaNoWriMo. I'm in the older community because my parents read reviews and decided the adult Nano would probably work better for me. 😊

      Delete
    7. I see. Just wondering.

      Delete
  2. Have fun Ellie! I will pray that you get some more amazing ideas! <3<3<3
    -SawyerMarie (A.K.A Saved)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ellen! That's so cool that you also did a post about NaNoWriMo! Thanks for commenting on mine. :)

    My username is: brk10odyssey if you want to find me. Thanks!
    ~Brooklyn | fiveshekels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brooklyn! No problem. :-)
      Hmmm . . . I put in your username but couldn't find you - I think that's because you're doing YWP NaNoWriMo, so we're in different communities.
      I can't wait to know more about your project!!

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah that would be why. I can't wait to hear your story though!
      ~Brooklyn | fiveshekels.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. Go, Ellie!
    I wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, friend. For sure I'll keep you updated. ;-)

      Delete
  5. Good for you! That's awesome that you are getting to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm very excited!
      Thank you for commenting! <3

      Delete
  6. You got this!!! I'm praying for you to succeed and write thousands of beautiful words this month. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, this means so much, Emma! Thank you! <3

      Delete
  7. Hurrah for camp Nano! I'll be thinking of you as you bust out this novel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Izzy!

      Delete
    2. Izzy, is it true you had a relapse? I am praying!

      Delete
  8. Hi guys! I just started a blog to inspire young teen girls of faith and I wanted to share it with you! Will you check it out?
    All glory be to God! ~Sawyer

    https://sundropgirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Sawyer Marie! I visited your blog and left a comment. 😊

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?