Friday, October 25, 2019

Musing #101 - "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms" by Laura Danner

Guys, I'm so excited! There's a new author amongst us! 
Laura Danner has recently published her very first book, Leaning on the Everlasting Arms. It's a novella, and it's really good. I downloaded it on my Kindle this morning and enjoyed it very much. 100% recommend. 
Here is the back cover summary:


"What have I to dread, what have I to fear, Leaning on the everlasting arms? I have blessed peace, with my Lord so near, Leaning on the everlasting arms!"
As the words float by her, Meg is bitter. "What have I to dread? Life without either of my parents!" she fumes inside. "What have I to fear? Going to live with a family we've never met!" 
Follow along as Meg Sonnenfeld is orphaned, come with her as she goes to live with a large family a few hours away, learn why Lissie, one of the girls she goes to live with, is so bitter, and see what happens when cholera strikes—again. Will Meg's sister die? Why has all this happened? Will Meg learn to "Lean On the Everlasting Arms"?

Leaning on the Everlasting Arms is the perfect read for girls both young and old - I'd say 10+. Clean, wholesome, and romance-free, Laura did an amazing job of keeping me wrapped up in the story. I can't wait to share this book with my younger sisters! I invite you, too, to hop on over to Amazon and grab your own copy of Leaning on the Everlasting Arms. Spread the word, and don't forget to give Laura @ Flowers In My Basket a follow!  

5 comments:

  1. It looks amazing!
    Ellen (And anyone else) would you pray for me? I am going to try a (hopefully) 1 month not talking that much to my friends and be quiet and find others who need the most help. I am going to try to be a servant and small.(This is going to be hard. I have a big personality) I am going to try to 'Ceasefire' as For King and Country said in one of there songs. There beginning lines are:
    "How do we save a life
    Pointing fingers?
    How can we end the fight
    This way?
    When blame is the truth we're preaching?
    And lies are what we're believing?
    No one ever wins
    When the goal is to settle the score"
    I am going to try to live like that. Please pray that my fam and friends understand and that we would still have a good relationship. And that God will use me for Him. I really feel like God wants me to do this.
    All glory be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for writing a review about my book!!! I'm so glad you like it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book looks so interesting! Thanks for the review, Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This books look good! Thanks for sharing. I always need new reads LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Izzy?! Is it true that you have a relapse of cancer???? Praying!!!!!!!

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?