Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Musing #94 - You're His Princess

Princesses are sensitive. They feel things that average people don't feel. In other words, they're special.

Growing up, I heard this a lot. In Disney movies and "Max & Ruby" episodes, this is what I was told. And I always desired to be one of those "special princesses" - to be unique, one-of-a-kind. One morning, my older brother came into my room and asked if I'd felt the marble he'd placed beneath my mattress several nights before. Grinning, he displayed the glossy, round ball in his hand, and I insisted that I had felt a little something while lying in bed. Of course, if I had, it was probably only a spring in the mattress or something like that, but still . . . 
Now that I've grown older, I can look back at that time and smile, because, all this while, I was and am a princess - a beautiful princess, priceless in the King's eyes. And, truly, the realization has finally come - I do have feelings that average people don't experience. As a Christian, a daughter of the one true King, I've been blessed with a conscience, with a gift of knowing right from wrong. While I may not feel the marble beneath my mattress, I feel the fountain of joy in my heart from accepting the Lord as my Savior. While I may not hold the made-up feelings in all those TV shows, I hold a greater gift - Jesus' love, and that in me makes me aware of the souls around me in need of Him, as well as take notice of the pricks of guilt that sear me should I wander from His path. 
And you know what? If you've accepted Christ into your life and surrendered yourself to Him, you, too, are a princess. A beautiful princess whose worth is never taken for granted by her King. 
To quote the words of an author friend:
You. Are. Beloved.

"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to seperate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." ROMANS 8:38-39 

6 comments:

  1. Great post! I agree. When I was little, I thought princesses were cool, then as I got older, I thought they were sissies. But in reality, they are required to be some of the strongest people in the kingdom, representing their father, the king, to the people in everything that they do.
    It is the same as daughters of the King of kings. We are supposed to be examples of God's love and grace for the world to see. It is a heavy duty, but we are never alone, and our Father loves us!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, Emily! I so agree. ❤
      May you never forget how much you're loved!!

      Delete
  2. My daddy always calls Lacey and I "princesses". He likes to remind us we are God's little princesses, even though we may not live like princesses on this earth. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, this comment made my day, Lilly! I'm so thankful to hear that you have both a Heavenly Father and an earthly father who love and cherish you as the special princess that you are. ❤
      May you never forget how much you're loved!!

      Delete
  3. I love this post so much! Thanks for the sweet reminder. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Princess Emma. :-)
      May you never forget how much you're loved!! ❤

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?