Monday, October 7, 2019

Musing #93 - The 20 Questions Book Tag

Hello and happy Monday, friends! I'm here because God is alive, and He's putting breath in my lungs and a beat in my heart. I'm so thankful to Him that He's given me great friends like Emma Starr and Sandrina, who join me in fun little challenges and great book tags. :-)
Speaking of which, Emma tagged me on Sunday for another one of those "great book tags" - this one with twenty questions - so I guess I better get started! 

1. How many books are too many in a series? Uhhhhhhh . . .  Let's just say that so long as the series is good, there can never be too many books. Think Andi Carter. I would jump for joy if Mrs. Marlow told me she was releasing another few books for Andi's married life!

2. How do you feel about cliffhangers? Cliffhangers are fun (especially if you're the one creating them) and they're excellent in books (unless, like me, you tell yourself, "One more chapter," and then the cliffhangers are so bad you just keep reading), but one place I never like to find them is on blogs, 'cause then you have to wait for the blogger to do another post before you can relax again.

3. Hardcover or paperback? Ooh, both are amazing, and I don't think I could decide between the two. After all, hardcover doesn't bend, and if you get water on it you can wipe it off easily. Paperback doesn't take too much to get crinkled, wet, or destroyed, but it is easier to read on. So . . . 

4. What's your favorite book? Eeks! Surely there's never a true answer to that question, right? Honestly, I couldn't decide! Besides the Bible, my favorites range from "Tales from Memory Creek Ranch" by Susan K. Marlow to "Freedom" by Faith Potts to "The Torch Keepers" by Hosanna Emily to . . . well, all the others listed in my "Blogger Profile" and elsewhere.


5. Least favorite book? Sorry, but I have a bunch in that category - namely all those that are sitting in my bookshelf (or on my Kindle) unfinished. Seriously - they got that boring

6. Fiction or nonfiction? Fiction all the way!


7. The most recent book you couldn't finish? "One Eye Laughing, the Other Weeping" - a Dear America diary. The book was running smoothly . . . and then, of course, some inappropriate content had to be thrown in there, and I didn't reach the end.

8. A book you're currently reading? None at the moment, although I finished a Nancy Drew book this morning just moments before answering this question. (Need to get back to the library . . .)

9. Last book you recommended to someone? "Fawkes" by Nadine Brandes.

10. Oldest book you've read? (publication date) The Bible.

11. Newest book you've read? (publication date) Not sure. I've been reading (and semi-editing) a series of books that has not yet been published, but I guess that doesn't count. And . . . oh, oh, I've got it! "The Torch Keepers" by Hosanna Emily is probably the newest book I've read - it was published and released September 1st, 2019.

12. Favorite author? SUSAN K. MARLOW! (If you hadn't guessed the answer to this question already, you obviously don't know me very well! *wink*) 

13. Buying books or borrowing? Ooh, buying! There's something about holding a brand-new book in your hands and knowing that it's yours to keep.

14. A book you dislike that everyone else seems to love? Hmm . . . probably "Counted Worthy" by Leah E. Good.

15. Bookmarks or dog-ears? Neither, actually. Have you noticed that both methods leave noticeable marks on the pages of your precious books? ;-)

16. A book you can always re-read? Oh, yay! The answer comes readily for this one: "Tales from Memory Creek Ranch."

17. Can you read while listening to music? Yes, yes, YES! I can do just about anything while listening to music. As a matter of fact, I'm listening to my Pandora station even now as I type. :-) 

18. One POV or multiple POVs? That depends upon how well the author switches POVs. Susan K. Marlow, Lois Walfrid Johnson, and Hosanna Emily do very well with their many POVs, but there are others (like Carolyn Keene, author of the Nancy Drew series) who don't handle the different POVs half as well.

19. Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days? Again, that depends. Short book? Easily done in one sitting. And, unless the book is immensely boring, I never take more than 48 hours to finish reading it. I remember the first time I got "Andi to the Rescue" in my hands and I kept telling myself, "C'mon, you've looked forward to this for so long. Try to read it in smaller sections, saving some for right before bed at night, and some for the morning." Somehow, I managed to do that . . . but I haven't always been so successful. ;-)

20. Who do you tag?

Sandrina @ From the Notebook

Lilly from Lilly's Tidbit

Kaitlyn on Kaitlyn Krispense, Author 

. . . and anyone else who'd like to do this tag, either on their own personal blogs or in the comment section below. All you have to do to participate in the tagging fun is answer all the questions found above! I look forward to reading your answers. :-) 

Blessings,
Ellen

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me. I'll get to it, eventually. Lacey has read some of the "Dear America" diaries, but then she'd find the ones that had inappropriate content in them and send them back to the library. I can see why you don't like "Counted Worthy". There are several parts in that book I wouldn't read again. Fun tag and I can't wait to do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Lilly! I can't wait to read your answers! ❤

      Delete
  2. Hey! Thanks for the tag :-)
    I love your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Sandrina! I love yours as well. 😊

      Delete
  3. Hey! I loved seeing your answers! I see you recommended Fawkes to someone...HOW DO YOU LIKE IT????? :))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Fawkes" was an amazing, thought-provoking read, Emma! Thanks a bunch for loaning the book to me. 😊
      Glad you enjoyed this post! All glory be to God. ❤

      Delete
    2. I'm SO glad you liked it. <3 Did you like the character Emma? She's my favorite!

      Delete
    3. Hmm...I wonder why. *wink, wink*
      But yes, Emma was a fun character! She truly had some surprises hidden up her sleeve. I mean really, the beginning of "Fawkes" seemed to make her out to be an enemy, and then...<3
      Thanks again!

      Delete
  4. By the way... You recomended Fawkes to me, did you not? It's on my wishlist ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did! Hope you enjoy it!! 😊

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?