Thursday, June 22, 2023

May & June Photo Dump // Life Update Post


Hello, friends! I hope you are all doing well and enjoying your summer 😄 I wrapped up my freshman year on May 6th and now my status as a student has been updated to sophomore. (whoohoo - such an amazing feeling!) I am not taking any classes over the summer but I am still working as an academic/writing coach at Regent. When I am not working, I have been catching up on reading and enjoying hanging out with my family.

In May, we celebrated my birthday - Mom put up bookish-themed decorations, spread out a glittery tablecloth, and purchased a set of plastic silverware sprinkled with confetti. She also painted my nails before I went to work 😄 That evening, we visited with friends over warm tacos and fresh, gooey, homemade cinnamon rolls and the next day, Mom took me to the bookstore. It was all so wonderful 🥰




In late May/early June, my family vacationed again at the beach. So much fun!

I really enjoyed all my morning & evening strolls on the beach listening to an audiobook, music, or just the beautiful, rolling waves 😄

My Ruby 😍 Can you believe how big she's grown??


Went jogging on the beach early one morning 😊

My siblings & me 💕

Then, more recently, my mom and I spent a couple days in Lancaster, PA. It was the best! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves as we walked through the shops and the Kitchen Kettle Village and saw Moses at Sight & Sound Theatre. In the evenings we hung out at our hotel and ate a light dinner and watched episodes of The Andy Griffith Show on TV (we also had some time to sit outside and read the new books we bought). ❤❤❤




One afternoon we splurged and ate out at a new (to us) place. I got a Caesar salad and Mom got a salad with a berry vinaigrette and fresh strawberries & blueberries. Yum! 😋

Aaaand, that's a wrap (for now 😁)!

How has your summer been thus far? How do you like to celebrate your birthday? Have you visited Lancaster? Let's chat in the comments below!

Not just surviving,
Ellen S.

12 comments:

  1. I just finished my freshman year of college too! I’ll be a Sophomore too! My major is Christian Ministries With Music Emphasis. I’m planning on being a music teacher after I graduate. Hope you’re doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Kiara! Congratulations on finishing your freshman year - it is a huge accomplishment! 🙌

      Delete
  2. AnonymousJune 24, 2023

    Looks like you’ve had fun this spring! I’ve never been to Lancaster, although I want to go to visit the Main Street Exchange store and Sight and Sound. Life has been good and busy for me, and I’m enjoying every minute of it!
    -Lilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lilly! Yes, it's been great! Ooh, I think you would really enjoy Sight & Sound. I hope you get to go someday!

      So glad to hear life has been good and busy for you too 😄

      Delete
  3. So nice to see a post from you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 25, 2023

    Ooh! I actually went to Lancaster from June 2-4 for my B-day. We went to Kitchen Kettle Village and to see Moses too!
    -Sara Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun!! Moses was really good - I hope you enjoyed! 😄

      Delete
  5. AnonymousJuly 25, 2023

    I think I've seen 6 Sight and Sound shows! They're so good!!
    -Sara Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ellen ;
    I was so happy to see a new post on your blog. I do not receive your newsletters anymore so I have to just check your blog when I have a chance. Congratulations on becoming a Sophomore .
    My family have been in Lancaster a few years ago. We love Pennsylvania and think it is a beautiful place. I have been staying indoors mostly to stay out of the heat and poor air at times. I have Asthma so the heat and bad air is no good. for me. Reading many books over the summer. Middlemarch one of the books. My sister and I joined a Kid-Lit middle Grade challenge. I read "What Katy Did" and the next two Katy books,"The Cabin Faces West","Gathering Of Days" and "The Star That Always Stays. Also another reading challenge which I read Elizabeth Barrett Browning
    Poems. Thank You for sharing your family photos. You have a beautiful family.
    Happy Birthday year Ellen full of love,happiness and blessings.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marion! Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment.

      Yes, Pennsylvania is very beautiful!

      I read some of Elizabeth Barrett Browning's poems earlier this year for school. I hope you enjoyed them!

      Thanks again for commenting, I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer 🥰

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?