Monday, March 9, 2020

The Sunshine Blogger Award



Hi friends! I was nominated for this amazing tag by Rosy @ Rosy's Writings. I believe it's the first "award-themed" tag I've ever done, so that adds even more to the fun. (yay!)
Here are the rules for this tag:
1). Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog
2). List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post
3). Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you
4). Nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts
5). Ask the nominees 11 new questions

All righty, let's begin! Rosy's questions:

Coffee or tea? Well, in all honesty . . . neither. Although, if I have to choose (and I'm assuming I do, because it's one of the questions), I'd go with coffee, simply because I know tea makes me feel sick. (But then, on second thought, I have never sat down to enjoy a full cup of coffee before, so who knows if either my belly or I would really like it that much?)
Pens or pencils? Ohhhhhhhhh, definitely pens. I LOVE my pens!!
What books are you reading right now? Along with The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne, which I'm reading for school, I'm rereading a few favorites. :-)
Do you wear a watch? ABSOLUTELY!!! I have one on ALL the time. *glances down at wrist* *gasps* Oops, spoke too soon. I don't have my watch on now. I forgot it to put it on after my shower. *cringes* (Sorry about that!) *hurries to grab it*
Do you like to wear jewelry? For the most part, yes. I have a purity ring from my daddy on my left hand, and a gorgeous birthstone ring (from my mama) on the right. They're the only two pieces of jewelry that I wear on a regular basis and almost never take off. I also own lots of necklaces and bracelets, but it's harder to wear those when you're jiggling toddlers and newborns. :D
Do you know how to paint? Yep, I do. Do I always do a good job at it? Uh . . . no.
What meal did you have on your last birthday? TACOS!!! I always, always, ALWAYS have tacos on my birthday.
What's your favorite style of shoes? Flip-flops and sandals. :-)
Penguins, dolphins, or peacocks? Dolphins!
Favorite movie? Hmm, I'm not really the movie type of girl, but three movies I do like would be "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang," "The Apple Dumpling Gang," and "Anne of Green Gables." (Please don't make me choose between those three!!)
What was your favorite of all the above questions? Probably the meal-on-your-birthday question. :-)

Okay, time for the nominations! I nominate Ellie and Sandrina, as well as anyone else who happens to be wearing something that's yellow, pink, purple, or green. :-) And if you don't have a blog, feel free to answer the following questions in the comments below. :D

My Questions:

1. Hot or frozen cocoa?
2. If you could travel to another state (or country), which would you choose and why?
3. If you could eat only one meal every day for a straight week, what would it be?
4. Do you prefer writing or reading stories?
5. What's your favorite Bible verse, or a verse God leads you to most?
6. If you have a blog, who was your first follower?
7. Do you consider yourself to be a tidy, organized person?
8. On a rainy day, would you rather curl up inside with a book or shrug on a jacket, grab an umbrella, and hurry outside to splash in the puddles?
9. What's your favorite color?
10. Has a book ever made you cry before?
11. What's one childhood memory that always makes you laugh?



Look fun?? Go ahead and award yourself this tag. ;-)
Can't wait to see your  answers!

Blessings,

Ellen S.

30 comments:

  1. "The Scarlet Letter" is a very interesting book, though not a favorite of mine. "The Apple Dumpling Gang" is so funny. It was fun to read your answers, Ellen.

    (And this tag makes me lonesome for me not doing many tags anymore.)
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lilly! I agree with you about "The Scarlet Letter." (Still trying to figure out the point of the whole book . . .)
      Yes, "The Apple Dumpling Gang" is hilarious and makes for an awesome family movie. :-)
      You can do the tag here in the comments if you'd like! I'd love to see your answers! :-)

      Delete
    2. You can basically figure out the whole point of the book by reading the introduction. (I read it for history and my mom basically told me I could read the first few chapters and the last few chapters and I understood the whole book.)

      Okay! Here are my answers:
      1. Hot cocoa, since I've never had frozen cocoa.
      2. I'd really like to visit Washington D.C., especially since that's where The Museum of the Bible is.
      3. Probably lunch? I don't know!?
      4. Both, depending on my mood and what the book is about.
      5. Romans 8 has many of my favorite verses.
      6. Lexah, but she unfollowed me. (So Libby May is first on my followers list now.)
      7. Yes! (For the most part, anyways.)
      8. I love playing in the water. And when it's rainy, so much water flows through our ditch, making it even more fun!
      9. Purple!
      10. Not yet.....
      11. The time my neighbor friend and I played in a water leak and had a mud fight and the UPS man caught us in the middle of our fun and (probably) thought we were crazy. Or the time my sister lost her ring after we (neighbor kids + us) raked a whole trash can + three bags of leaves and we dumped all the leaves out on our driveway and the UPS man (same one in the story above) had to walk through a sea of leaves to deliver our package. Our poor UPS man-we even asked him if he had a metal detector. I'm pretty sure he thought we were out of our minds.....

      I hope you enjoyed reading through these answers!

      Delete
    3. I know Lilly! I have decided not to (often) do tags on my blog, I do it in the comments but I have decided that that is not why I started my blog. <3

      Delete
    4. I loved reading your answers, Lilly! :-) Thanks for sharing!
      My family has been to the Museum of the Bible, and it's amazing! I hope you get to go someday! :D

      Delete
    5. @SawyerMarie Doing tags in the comments is just as fun, although you usually (can't) tag people. Their are some tags that I'll make exceptions for, if I find them beneficial to my blog readers.

      @Ellen That's cool you've been to the Museum of the Bible! For number 2, I'd also like to go to the Ark Encounter, but I must have forgot to put that on their. :-)

      Delete
    6. I really want to go to the museum of the bible!

      Delete
    7. @Lilly I've been to the ark encounter! It's Super cool :)

      Delete
  2. Such a fun post! I really like tags. :)
    Here's my answers to your questions Ellen:
    1.frozen cocoa
    2.Kentucky, because I want to do a million different things there. [Watch racing at Churchill Downs, even if just on a regular race day, visit like every major thoroughbred farm, meet racehorses, etc. etc.]
    3. tuna casserole
    4. Hmm, that's tough. I have to be in the right mood to write, but when I am in the right mood it is SO much fun. Maybe write? But if the book is one of my favorites probably read. I'm not sure!
    5. Hebrews 12:1-2
    6. I don't have a blog, but the first blog I followed was Andi Carter's Blog.
    7. Yes, for the most part.
    8. Stay inside with a book. A fun fact about me: one of my greatest fears are worms, so I don't go outside on rainy days for that reason alone.
    9. Black, just 'cause it goes with everything. ;)
    10. Yes, The Last Ride by Susan K. Marlow made me cry, but the book that made me cry the most was -and I don't know if you'll believe this- a horse training book. I can't remember the name of the book, but the part at the end made me cry harder than I ever have before on any book.
    11. When my siblings and I were younger, we used my sister's camera and made some REALLY funny videos. They are kind of embarrassing as well as funny, but they always make me smile. I also like remembering some of the games we used to play.
    ~Elate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Elate! I really like tags too. :-)
      Your answers were so fun to read!!

      Delete
  3. I want to do this! :)

    1 Hot coco (What's cold coco?)
    2 Washington DC, so much history! And I am a history nut..
    3 Probably eggs because you can do so much with them (?)
    4 I am always in the mood to read, so reading!
    5 Philippians 4 :6-7 6
    " Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

    6 An 'Guest user'. So, first one to comment, Lilly.
    7 Yes, I am very organized.
    8 Read, (like I said, always in the mood to read.)
    9 Yellow/light blue
    10 Yes.. Bridge to Teribithia (is that how you spell it?) and Walk Two Moons. I didn't figure out the sad part till the end.
    11 I don't know.. probably hearing how much I was of a trouble maker when I was
    3-5, because now I don't like to make trouble!

    Thanks!
    ~SawyerMarie
    Sundropgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed reading this, Sawyer! :-) Thanks for doing the tag!

      Delete
  4. This was so fun to read! :D oh! I'm wearing purple, green, and yellow!

    Here goes...

    1. Hot or frozen cocoa?
    Both actually sound good right about now... :-) I guess frozen.
    2. If you could travel to another state (or country), which would you choose and why?
    I'd kinda like to go to Canada... but also Kentucky, I wanna go to the Ark Encounter again :D it was so cool! Especially the talking Noah! :D (I better stop, or I'll be talking about it all day...)
    3. If you could eat only one meal every day for a straight week, what would it be? Mashed potatoes with gravy, ham, and beans <3 or pizza, maybe...
    4. Do you prefer writing or reading stories?
    Probably reading :D but I love writing.
    5. What's your favorite Bible verse, or a verse God leads you to most?
    Proverbs 3: 5 & 6
    6. If you have a blog, who was your first follower?
    I don't have a blog.
    7. Do you consider yourself to be a tidy, organized person?
    Yeah ;-)
    8. On a rainy day, would you rather curl up inside with a book or shrug on a jacket, grab an umbrella, and hurry outside to splash in the puddles?
    Both?? I'd like to go out and play, then curl up and read a book when I get  cold :-) but if I have to choose one... probably gonna read a book :-)
    9. What's your favorite color?
    Blue. It's a very specific blue ;-) I saw it in the sky a few days ago... it's very pretty :-)
    10. Has a book ever made you cry before?
    No. I don't think so...
    11. What's one childhood memory that always makes you laugh?
    Wow, kinda mind blank here... uhh, maybe when one of my little brothers was born, the first time another of my little brothers saw him, he said "my baby!" (He was two I think, and I was four)

    This took so long to finish that I'm not wearing those colors anymore anymore...
    But it's too late to worry about that, 'cuz if you're reading this, I hit publish already ;P

    ~R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! :-) Thanks bunches for doing the tag, Rhoda! (and for wearing those colors, LOL)
      Your answers were amazing!!
      (haha, you're right! :D)

      Delete
  5. I'm so happy you got to do this!!! :D I totally LOVED reading your answers! I'll answer yours... :)

    1. Hot or frozen cocoa? Hot!
    2. If you could travel to another state (or country), which would you choose and why? Scotland! Because that’s where my family on my Dad’s side originally came from. :)
    3. If you could eat only one meal every day for a straight week, what would it be? Lasagna? Quesadillas!
    4. Do you prefer writing or reading stories? Reading. :)
    5. What's your favorite Bible verse, or a verse God leads you to most? I love Isaiah 41:10. <3
    6. If you have a blog, who was your first follower? First follower was Pearl Willis!
    7. Do you consider yourself to be a tidy, organized person? Sometimes, when I get inspired… XD
    8. On a rainy day, would you rather curl up inside with a book or shrug on a jacket, grab an umbrella, and hurry outside to splash in the puddles? Totally depends on my mood!!
    9. What's your favorite color? Turquoise!
    10. Has a book ever made you cry before? Yes, sometimes. Again, it depends on how I’m feeling at the moment. ;)
    11. What's one childhood memory that always makes you laugh? Hmm...When my sister and I used to like to threw oranges into the neighbor's pool when we were little…. (oh, my!) XD

    Awesome questions, Ellen!! :D And great post. :)

    Rosy Marr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosy!! Thank you!! (BTW, your comment was originally published on an older post, so I moved it here. :D)
      I'm so glad you enjoyed! I had lots of fun with this tag. :-)
      I really liked reading your answers as well. :D

      Delete
  6. CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG!!!!!!!!! MY FAVORITE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, so technically, I saw it for the first time last evening..... but it's NOW my favorite :)

      Delete
    2. *smiles* Yessss. It's a super great movie and perfect for the whole family to enjoy! :)

      Delete
    3. Yes! Daddy says it's the best family-friendly movie with excellent acting he's ever seen!

      Delete
    4. I guess you mean the version with Dick van Dyke? That's the version we saw😊

      Delete
    5. That's correct! :D ((I really need to watch the movie again sometime soon . . .))
      Thanks for commenting, Caitlyn! <3

      Delete
    6. 💗💗💗

      Delete
  7. Would it be okay if I also used this one on either of my blogs?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?