Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Gratitude


Written at approx. 8:00 AM on Tuesday, March 3rd





As I sit here jiggling a wide-awake newborn in my right hand and try to type with my left, I have some of my favorite music pouring from the speakers, two more of my precious sibs spinning each other around on my desk chair, and a heart bubbling with gratitude. <3 
I can feel Ruby's belly moving as she breathes; I can look down into her beautiful sapphire eyes and press gentle kisses to her soft, round cheeks.  I can see the sunny sky outside my window and envision a walk and/or bike ride for later on today. I can hear my siblings as they chatter and laugh. 
There's so, so, so, soooooooooooo much to be thankful for, if only we would take the time to count our blessings. The fact that you're reading this post right now means God is giving you breath in your lungs and a beat in your heart. Your story is not over yet - rather, there is so much more in store for your future.

What are three things you're thankful for today?

6 comments:

  1. 1. God's grace + Salvation (I don't care if that's two right there)
    2. My family + friends (real + blog friends)
    3. living in America under a nice solid roof

    Okay, so that was six smashed into three, but who minds? I have soooo much to be thankful for. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I am speechless. The way you said that was unbelievable! <3 <3 <3
    Three things i am thankful for...
    1. I am a daughter of Christ.
    2. I have a house (camper) to live in.
    3. I have food <3 xp

    ~Jacie~ thebiglifechange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Love this.
    1 Salvation in Jesus Christ
    2 My family, (My baby sister and little brothers)
    3 My friends
    4 My country
    5 The provisions God has given my family.

    (Yes in my head I rewrote your question to 5 things!

    ~SawyerMarie
    Sundropgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Ellen! It's so true, and I love the way you worded it. <3
    Three things I am thankful for:
    1. That I am a daughter of the King
    2. My Family
    3. Blogs like yours that make me see just how blessed I am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was very well written Ellen. :D I often forget how much I have to be thankful for. Thanks for reminding me!
    Here's my three:
    1. Jesus
    2. My family
    3. My horses
    I don't know what I would do without any of these things. Especially Jesus. :)
    ~Elate

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful way to write i, Ellie :). And you want just three things? Impossible to only say three!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?