Thursday, February 27, 2020

Blogs I Follow and Why I Follow Them

Hello and happy Thursday, friends! How are you all? 
Recently I was inspired to do a post featuring the blogs I follow . . . as well as further explain why I follow them. 
I'm super excited about this. Sometimes it's good to assess your reading list and dig deeper into your reasons behind following a blog.
Let's begin!


THOSE USING A BLOGGER ACOUNT


Little Birdie Blessings

Mrs. Hickey from Little Birdie Blessings does amazing graphic design and writes encouraging posts . . . all for the glory of our Savior! I love her work and have written a series of stories based on some sweet graphics she's made. (She's also the one who designed my "Ellen's Musings" header. :D)


The Enchanting Rose

Stephanie Dudson @ The Enchanting Rose has been my mom's friend for as long as I can remember. She truly has a heart for Christ and her blog is BEAUTIFUL. Quite a few years back she hosted a tea cup exchange that my mom and I participated in. :-)


Dappled Sunshine

Sweet Izzy West is an awesome blogger and a fantastic writer. I love reading her posts and emailing with her. :-)


Andi Carter's Blog

This one's easy: Mrs. Marlow is my favorite author, and we've been corresponding via email for three years now. (I have yet to meet her in person, however . . .)

Qadash - Set Apart, for Him

Book reviews for clean, wholesome Christian reads!! Who doesn't love those?

Lilly's Tidbit

Lilly is an AMAZING blogger. Her views are very conservative and I find myself looking forward to her posts. Currently she's doing a series on modesty for girls, so be sure to check that out!

Five Shekels

Blogger Brooklyn K. simply shines. Her love for Jesus overflows into her posts. I love the pictures she shares, her writing style, and her ardent adoration for our Savior. <3

Flowers In My Basket

I first started following Laura when she was about to release her book, Leaning on the Everlasting Arms, to the world. I was so excited to meet another young, self-publishing author, and I soon found that we had bunches in common, from number of siblings to certain foods we both tended to avoid.

Showers of Blessings

I've been following Brooklyne ever since our exchange of emails over our beliefs last year. We enjoyed a very detailed discussion, and we both found that we were plunging more into God's Word during that time.

Ellen's Musings

Yes, I follow myself. ;-) I like knowing what all my viewers are seeing in their Reading Lists and/or Inbox. :-)

THOSE USING A WORDPRESS ACCOUNT

Seven Billion Smiles

Well, first off, the blogger, Emma Starr, is a personal friend of mine. Secondly, her posts are SO sweet and uplifting. I love both her art and her poetry. Her posts drift into my Inbox about once every week, and my very heart smiles at her talent. :D

From the Notebook

Again, Sandrina is a personal friend. She lives in the UK and I live in the US. We've never met, but we've emailed/written to each other since early 2018. Oh, and we've had opportunites to Skype together as well. :D I sooooooooooo want to visit this girl someday!!! Anyways, her blog is wonderful. She shares tags, story snippets, and some other fun tidbits.

Annie Writes

Annie is a deeply-rooted Christian and I love, love, love the posts she does. I always feel refreshed after reading something she's written. :-)

In His Service and Loving It

Lydia shares some delicious-looking recipes, tags, Bible verses, devotionals, and more on her blog. I'm currently living dairy-free, so it was an encouragement to find someone else who has belly issues like I do and is working hard to feel better.

Rosy's Writings

Loves music? Has a bunch of siblings? Is a missionary in Mexico? Definitely following!

Did you enjoy reading this post? What are some blogs that you follow?
Let's talk in the comments below!

11 comments:

  1. I follow most of those too! :D (some anonymously)
    I follow way too many blogs, maybe I should look into why I follow them too
    I did enjoy reading this post :-) I love finding new blogs to follow (though some would argue I follow enough already :P), or seeing that we follow a lot of the same blogs :D
    I follow lots of blogs, so some works ;-)

    Andi Carter's Blog
    Ellen's Musings
    Ink-Stained Dreams
    Kaitlyn Krispense, Author
    Lilly's Tidbit
    Once Upon A Time
    Read Another Page
    Rebekah's Reading Room
    Stories by Firefly
    The Elegant Cowgirl

    I love lots more, but if I put them all in here, this comment would be very long :P

    ~R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is fun Rhoda! The first blog I followed was Andi Carters Blog also!
      ~SawyerMarie

      Delete
  2. This was a really fun post Ellen!!! That’s so neat that your mom is friends with Stephanie Dudson! I don’t follow her anymore but I did for a while and love how pretty her blog is! I participated in the teacup exchange too and really enjoyed it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great post! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for your sweet comment about my blog. You made my week! <3
    All glory be to God!
    ~Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following Showers of Blessings! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've actually thought about doing a post like this before. Maybe now I will☺. I read/check most of these blogs. And thanks for including my blog💙.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing these! It's so fun to explore new blogs that write uplifting, encouraging posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a great post!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing these! And thanks for including my blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should do one of these posts again Ellie! I love hearing about great blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?