Monday, October 14, 2019

Musing #97 - "Courageous"

This book. This movie. Will someone hand me a tissue for my eyes, please? Thanks.
I hardly ever cry over a movie, but (I'll come right out and admit it) Courageous was a real tear-jerker. Yesterday I watched it for the first time and . . . wow. Just wow. I laughed, I cried. I was so moved. 
Okay, book-review time. I read Courageous before I watched it, and I personally don't recommend this system. Usually people say "read the book first," but this book came after the movie and is based upon the movie. It keeps all the main things, but also adds a few extra details, people, and events. If you want to be sitting on the edge of your seat, gnawing your fingernails and wondering what's going to happen next, movie first. The book, meanwhile, has all the answers to the cliffhangers and doesn't include the graphics that somehow pull the tears from your eyes. Also, the book mentions several hard topics that made me want to snap the Kindle shut and fling it across the room (don't worry - I restrained myself). I suggest you wait to read this book until you're fifteen or older, and be aware that the book changes the personalities of some of the characters and adds things that'll probably make you cringe. It might help to run Courageous through your parents before plugging into this novel.  
My rating for the book? 3 stars.
For the movie? 5 STARS ALL THE WAY!!! 

Have you watched Courageous? What're your thoughts on it? Favorite scene from the movie?

7 comments:

  1. I love the movie "Courageous"! I watched it when I was like 11, but I still really enjoyed the movie.😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried watching to movie "Courageous", but I kept crying. I did see the funny parts, though. Very funny, but very sad. I don't usually cry from books and movies, but I did from this one. Some content was questionable for children to be watching, but it was definitely fine for teens. BTW, I did see most of the movie just not the really sad parts.
    ~Elate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this movie! One of my favorites ever, and my all-time favorite Kendrick Brothers film.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have watched that movie too!
    It is really good!
    😊
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its snowing a foot where I live!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to see this movie, but it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *hands you a tissue*
    The book sounds awful! I'd probably cry so hard my eyes would fall out *winks* My eleven-year-old sister has seen the movie, and she says she loved it, but she said it IS sad. I want to see it, but I prepare myself for some tears *chuckles*

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?