Wednesday, October 23, 2019

One Hundred Musings//A Little More About My Blog and Me

Wow, everyone, a year ago at this time, I didn't know writing a post on a blog of my own titled "One Hundred Musings!" would be a reality. But . . . thanks to God's grace, here I am. :-) In two months, I'll be celebrating the anniversary of "Ellen's Musings," publishing my second book (hopefully - I need to finish it first), and flipping through all my old journals to remind myself just how far God has brought me. :-)
Within the past 100 posts, God has been molding me, shaping me, and twisting me. He's shown me how to rely upon Him and wait for the right words. There were times where I itched to post, and He whispered, "Wait." Because of this, one of my favorite musings is God is Good. I was in a slump during the time, really wanting some posting material. I prayed, and He gave me the words that blessed both my readers and me. Other favorite posts would be all the devotionals He's enabled me to write. 
Then there's the people God has allowed me to meet here on the blogosphere, the posts He's used to touch my heart, and, oh, let's not forget the 40-day Internet break I began in early March. That break truly changed me for the better. Aside from getting away from all the online stuff, God also used it as an opportunity for me to . . . oops, I better stop here. Let's just say a very special project is underway which you shall hear about very soon. :-)
And now that I've hit 100 posts, I have a surprise for you all! Have you ever wondered what the face looks like behind "Ellen's Musings"? Well, wonder no longer - with my dad's permission, I get to share a recent picture of the girl behind the scenes. :-) I also added it to the "About the Blogger" page.


Thanks to all of you for sticking by me as I discovered my blog's ins-and-outs and cheering me on as I pursued the writing gift God has blessed me with. You guys are the best!

What is your favorite "musing" from this year?


17 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful face Ellen! My favorite musing is musing #56 When we found out your mama was going to have another baby!!! I also loved some of the story you have written!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ALL your posts. This was is one of my favorite blogs, and it was the second one I followed. I would have never guessed you had glasses. :-) You are VERY pretty. Congrats on 100 posts. ❤❤
    -Lilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lilly! Your comment made my day. ❤
      To God be the glory!!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on 100 posts!! <3
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellie! Love your photo :-). Wow!100 posts is a huge accomplishment! Keep up my amazing friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Sandrina!! ❤
      To God be the glory!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your 100th post! :D I have loved all the posts you have done and I really like that you blog regularly.
    By the way, we actually look kind of similar! :-)
    ~Elate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elate! To God be the glory! ❤
      Wow, we do? That's really cool!

      Delete
  6. Izzy, I looked at your profile (Sorry if that is weird) But congratulations on being cancer free! I have to ask, how did you get through that? All glory be to God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Saved! I got through it completely on the Lord. Praying a lot. I seriously don't know EXACTLY how I got through it. It was so hard, but with loving family and the goodness of God, here I am <3 :)

      Delete
    2. I'm so thankful, Izzy!! <3 Praying for you!

      Delete
    3. I am so glad you are well! Glory be to God@ <3<3<3

      Delete
  7. Congratulations, Ellen!!!! This must be AMAZING to have 100 posts that I've enjoyed sooo much <3 It's also so good to see your beautiful face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you bunches, Izzy! I am really excited to have reached 100 posts, and I am beyond grateful to my loving Savior for giving me the words I needed right when I needed them. <3
      So glad you enjoyed this first glimpse at the girl behind the scenes! :-)
      To God be the glory!!

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?