Monday, November 11, 2019

Musing #105 - More About My NaNoWriMo Project

Interested in knowing more about the novel I'm writing for NaNoWriMo? Read on for the synopsis, excerpt, genres, current word count, and a moving song that fits one of the main characters!

BACK-COVER SUMMARY:


Life is so hard to fight alone, and that’s the problem young Sophia English faces as she steps upon the soil of America for the first time ever. Having originally left her homeland with her beloved husband only a short while ago, she had never thought it would happen this way: that a freak accident would change her life forever . . . and leave her stranded on a land she knows nothing about. Sophia struggles to understand the reasons behind it all. Amid the tears and questions, her heart is stirred up with a hope: Is there truly Someone out there Who cares for her, is with her every second of her life? Or is this “Jesus” all a made-up fantasy tale? After all, if Jesus were real, why had He let all these bad things occur in her life?

EXCERPT:


“Mrs. English?” Knuckles rap on my door. “Mrs. English, we’ve arrived.”
I look up, snuggling my shawl closer around me. I watch as the door to my cabin trembles from a crew member trying in vain to get it open. 
“Mrs. English,” I cringe at the desperation in his voice, “please come out.”
Not yet, I return silently. I don’t want to see my husband’s land. I gaze again upon the pillow beside me. The pillow that, in my imagination, still feels warm from my husband’s head. The head that laid there just hours before the accident . . . two weeks ago. 
The last thing on earth I want to do is set foot on the land we always talked about together. The land where he told me we’d be happy together. The land where he told me we’d – 
I shake my head to clear the thoughts, the memories, but they only press harder at me. I shut my eyes, and a single tear leaks out. Why’d you leave me, John? Why’d you break your word? I need you! I simply can’t live without you. I can’t!

GENRES:

Young Adult, Christian

CURRENT TOTAL WORD COUNT:

17,051 words

SONG:




Did you enjoy this sneak peek? How's your NaNoWriMo project coming along? Do you think you'll make it to 50,000 words? Let's talk in the comments below! 

21 comments:

  1. I cant wait to read more!!! Keep up the good workπŸ€— Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much, Mom! ❤ Love you too!!

      Delete
    2. Angela, how are you feeling? I have been praying for you!

      Delete
  2. Nice, Ellen! I love writing from the first person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lilly! I fully agree. 😊

      Delete
    2. By the way, I love you new profile picture! The little girl is so cute--is she your 2 youngest sister?

      Delete
    3. Aw, thank you. Me too. πŸ˜‰ Yes, she's my sweet one-year-old sister. 😊

      Delete
  3. Great job Ellie! Your story looks so good! I LOVE the new pic of you and your sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😊😊😊
      Thank you, Sawyer Marie!!

      Delete
  4. Hiya there, Ellen!

    Just thought I'd stop by and leave you a note, since I'd been following you for a while but have not commented as of yet. (Shameful of me, I know. >.<)

    Your book really sounds amazing, and GREAT JOB ON THE WORD COUNT! :D Is this your first NaNo?? It is for me, and I'm not sure if I'm doing okay or not. xD Maybe lost a little sanity a while ago, but oh well. *wink*

    Anyway, I really love your blog and can't wait to see more of your content!

    Keep it up, girl! *thumbs up*

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lily! Thank you so much for your encouraging words. <3 Yes, this is my first time doing NaNo, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm so glad to hear you are as well. ;-)
      To God be the glory!!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to read it; it sounds very interesting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Ellen your story sounds amazing! My story is coming along -slowly. I'm going to post a 'snip it' of it on my blog here soon. Can't wait to hear more from you! Again, you're doing a GREAT job! Keep up the good work!

    ~Brooklyn | fiveshekels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brooklyn. 😊 Your sweet words made my day! Looking forward to reading the snippet for your NaNo project. 😊
      To God be the glory!

      Delete
  7. Yay, Ellie! Keep this AMAZING work. It sounds so great and I cannot wait to moreπŸ˜„

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Sandrina! You're the best. <3

      Delete
  8. I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THIS!!! Suspense overwhelms me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 <3 <3
      Thanks bunches, Emma!! Your encouragement means a lot to me. :-)

      Delete
  9. Wowhee, this looks really good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet friend! <3
      To God be the glory!

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?