Friday, November 22, 2019

Musing #109 - Another Tag

I've seen this tag going around the blogosphere and I thought, "Oh, boy, that looks fun," so . . . I stole it. ;-) It's called the "Music Tag" and the instructions are as follows:

  1. Write ten songs that come on shuffle (no skipping).
  2. Write your favorite lyric from each song.
  3. Tag some people.
All right; hitting the "shuffle" button . . . now!

First one is . . . 


If We Are the Body || Casting Crowns

But if we are the body, why aren't His arms reaching? Why aren't His hands healing? Why aren't His words teaching? And if we are the body, why aren't His feet going? Why is His love not showing them there is a way? Jesus is the way.

Revive Me || Jeremy Camp

All my ways are before You. Let Your hand lift up my head . . . Revive me, so that I may seek Your Word. Revive me, according to Your loving kindness.

God of Every Story || Laura Story (I personally love this one . . .)

He's the God of every story, He sees each tear that falls. We may not understand but one thing is certain. He is faithful, He's a faithful God . . . When our world is shaking, He holds us in the palm of His hand . . . You're the God of every story, no matter what I'm going through. I may not understand, You are God and I am just a man. 

What If I Gave Everything || Casting Crowns

Sorry, but I can't pick just one lyric - or even several lyrics - for this one. I love EVERYTHING about this song. :-)

Give You Glory || Jeremy Camp

Again, great song. No one lyric that jumps out at me.

Sing, Sing, Sing || Chris Tomlin

Son of God, You are the One, You are the One we're living for. You are the love that frees us, You are the light that leads us, like a fire burning.

Mighty to Save || Laura Story

Everyone needs compassion, a love that's never failing . . . everyone needs forgiveness, the kindness of a Savior, the hope of nations . . . Savior, He can move the mountains . . . Author of salvation, He rose and conquered the grave. Jesus conquered the grave. 

One Awkward Moment || Casting Crowns

Okay, so this whole song is absolutely amazing, but God has used several lyrics in my life especially.

Who are you to say you've got shipwrecks of your own, you're too young in your faith?  . . . You're scared that what you don't know might push her away. But don't cave to the weight of the fear that you're feeling, 'cause she's standing right here and you're here for a reason . . . Your hurt, your scars, God will use to open up her eyes; one awkward moment . . . you've walked in her shoes, you've heard the lies, you know the pain, but He's still the Truth, He's still the Life, He's still the Way. 

(NOTE: to find out why some of these lyrics in particular mean so much to me, you'll have to stay tuned for a little update on the extra special project only hinted at in earlier posts.)


Do It Again || Elevation Worship (such a fan of this one . . . is it just me, or have I said that a lot in this post??)

I've seen You move; You move the mountains. And I believe I'll see You do it again. You made a way where there was no way. And I believe I'll see You do it again. 

Better Is One Day || Matt Redman

Better is one day in Your courts, better is one day in Your house, better is one day in Your courts, than thousands elsewhere. (Powerful, isn't it?)


I tag:
anyone who'd like do this tag, whether on their own personal blogs or in the comments below. 

Can't wait to see your answers!


Blessings,

Ellen




10 comments:

  1. Sparrows by Jason Gray
    I can’t choose just one lyric! They are all amazing.
    The God who stays by Matthew West
    I would’ve given up on me by now
    I would’ve labeled me a lost cause Cause I feel just like a lost cause
    If I were you
    I would’ve turned around and walked away I would’ve labeled me beyond repair
    Cause I feel like I’m beyond repair
    But somehow you don’t see me like I do Somehow you’re still here
    But I love all the lyrics!

    The Gospel by Ryan Stevenson
    Sorry, all of the lyrics are my fav. I am actually in the beginning stages of a book based on this song….

    One Awkward Moment by Casting Crowns
    I have already done a music review on this song on my blog. MY favorite lyric is:
    “Could this be the day that you come to the rescue? She’s desperate for the light but she’s never going to ask you.”

    Priceless by For King and Country
    Ok, just yesterday I did a post on this song… *Smacks forehead*

    Truth be told by Matthew West
    LOVE this song! No favorite lyric. *Sighs thinking I will never have a fav lyric*


    I Wanna Go Back by David Dunn
    *You know what’s coming next*
    *Yells “No favorite lyric!”*

    He still dose miracles by Hawk Nelson
    “Like the fire in the night!” along with every lyric.
    *How come I choose this playlist? This is literately my favorite music.*

    God Only Knows by For King And Country Featuring Dolly Parton
    …. Let’s see what the next song brings.

    Red Letters by Crowder
    OK, I could have said no fav but I was really nice and decided to try…

    There I was on death row
    Guilty in the first degree
    Son of God hanging on a hill
    Hell was my destiny

    The crowd was shouting crucify
    Could’ve come from these lips of mine
    The dirty shame was killing me
    It would take a miracle to wash me clean

    Thanks Ellen!
    Tag: Anyone who wants to!

    Glory to God! ~SawyerMarie

    sundropgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks for doing the tag, Sawyer Marie! I've heard of some of these songs before but haven't listened to any except "Red Letters" and "One Awkward Moment." :-)

      Delete
  2. This was an interesting tag! I just realized that it says you are usually called Ellie. That is my sister's name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! "Ellie" has been my nickname since before I was born. 😊
      Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Doing well, thanks, Sawyer Marie. She's tired (understandably), but God has her. 😊 Plus, little Ruby Jane is VERY active, with a strong, healthy heartbeat. Her kicks and jabs are so precious and make it all worth it. 😊

      Delete
    2. I am so glad. I totally understood when my mom was tired all the time.
      I am so happy you have a healthy baby sister. I can't wait until I am older and present and get to have that feeling. It will still be a LONG time. I am only 13.
      Is she in her 3rd trimester yet?
      Prayers!

      Delete
    3. Aw, I'm with you. Sometimes Mom will let us put our hands on her belly when Ruby Jane is moving so we can feel her kick. It's the BEST!! <3
      Yes, she is in her third trimester. :D
      Thanks for the prayers!

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?