Monday, September 28, 2020

Monday Musings // Emojis, Photos, and a Surprise

Happy Monday, friends!! There's only week left till the Five Fall Favorites blog party, and I can hardly wait! (although . . . I'm afraid it means skipping a Monday Musings post for that week. 😮) 

I'm currently sitting in my bedroom, headphones on (with My Defender by Jeremy Camp playing). A pesky housefly is thrusting itself at my window in a desperate attempt to get outside. He's so interesting to watch! Ever since the quarantine, my family has been naming our houseflies (a true sign of COVID-19 craziness, I tell you). It started with Murdoch I, then came Murdoch I, II, III, IV . . . and so on. I'm not sure which number we're at now. 😂

Anyways . . . 

The past seven days have been busy ones for my family. Mom and I are finally beginning to venture out and do some of the regular grocery shopping. (yay!) We've also made stops @ Joann's, the post office, and Michael's. Sunday night, we brought a meal of meatballs and French bread to a friend who recently delivered her first baby. (a handsome little boy. 🥰) 

Swirled into that mix has been school, spending time in the autumn weather, and reaching one of my jogging goals: going a mile and a half along the shoulder of the road with my older brother and younger sister. 😀😀😀 

Over the weekend, I got caught up on science experiments, enjoyed a few rereads, and finished putting my mini book covers + chocolate bars together. Then, of course, there were the simply random moments of life, like reading outside with my sisters, discovering how to insert emojis on the computer, and having fun writing electronically on my photos. 😍😍😍



My glasses after an early-morning jog. (it was misty out.) 😂

To end this post, I have a little surprise for you guys. 😁 A blogging friend of mine, Mikayla @ Mikayla Holman, inspired me to search for and savor all the "kid quotes" in my life. Here's one of my most recent favorites: 

FIVE-YEAR-OLD-SISTER (peering into her yogurt cup with an expression of disgust): "Ewww! Dad, I got a piece of strawberry in my strawberry yogurt."
DAD (distracted and scrambling to help another kid): "I'm sorry, honey."

Hope this post made you smile! 😊 See y'all at the FFF Lodge next week, Lord willing!

Blessings,
Ellen S.

32 comments:

  1. LOL, what your sister said made me smile! I name flies too. I mean, after killing 150+ flies, you have to start doing something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lilly! Reading your comment made *me* smile. 😄
      Okay, so maybe we aren't as crazy as I'd thought. What are some of your favorite fly names? Ever had a Murdoch on your list? 😂😂😂

      Delete
    2. Bill is my favorite so far. (Don't ask why, cause I don't know why I chose that name.) I don't think so. 😊

      Delete
    3. That's a good fly name! 😂

      Delete
  2. LOL I love that quote.... Haha love your glasses!!! I'm excited to see what mine do in snow...
    XD Glad you figured out emojis!!!! (is that why you were emoji crazy today? LOL when I found out I could use giff' I did the same thing)
    Nice catching up with you!
    Also- even if I didn't comment on your last post, I did... for some reason my phone is giving me problems like that.... So just know I love all your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. 😉 Sisters truly keep life interesting! 😊
      Yep, emojis are the BEST. *promptly begins to insert a handful of recently-used emojis*😍😊💛🤗😂😁😄 (and I love your GIFs, btw!)
      Awww, thank you!! You're the sweetest. 💗

      Delete
  3. I love these posts so much! And the added addition of little siblings' quotes??? Yes please!!! (And that was absolutely hilarious.)
    Naming flies . . . totally something my family would do. Though recently, my siblings have taken injured flies under their wings, so to speak, and made them their pets, naming the fly after themselves . . . 🤣🤣.
    I love being able to take a peek into your weekly happenings. And this post totally made me smile ❤️😍.
    ~Gracie~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me feel so happy, Gracie! Thanks! 💕 I'm glad to know you're enjoying these random posts. 😊

      Delete
  4. I love this!! The quote... LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the chocolate bars are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww those chocolate books!! SOoo cute!! *winks* Haha, naming house flies? *laughs* Sorry, but your crazy!! *laughs and hugs you* Aww kid quotes are the cutest!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post was awesome!! It just made me smile!!! That convo between your dad and sister . . . XD XD
    And . . . um . . . naming flies. I did that before quarantine. *hides face* I LOVE the name Murdoch for them! XD For some reason I was inspired to name the flies on the front porch after people in the Christmas story. So I had Zacharias, Zachariah (yes, I used both of those names. XD Don't ask why, because I don't know), Elizabeth, Joseph, Mary, and John. My family thought I was crazy. XD I have started naming spiders since quarantine, though . . .
    Hope you have a great day, girl!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, Abby!! *all the virtual hugs* Thank you for your sweet words! They mean a lot. 😊
      Christmas flies sound fun. 😂 And I like your idea of naming spiders! Although I dread seeing a spider in my bedroom (or worse, bathroom), I still enjoy drawing pictures of the small, eight-legged creatures. 😉
      Fun fact: for as long as I can remember, I've LOVED doodling a spider or two on my science tests. I'm not sure where the tradition came from, but whenever a question in the test stumps me, I'll take a break and sketch a spider and its web at the top of the page. (It helps me think.) 🤣 I'll have to remember your tip and pick some names for my next batch of spiders. 😄

      Delete
  8. I may have once named a fly, but I don't make it a regular practice. I couldn't keep them straight. :D My little brother has named spiders before, though, I think . . . at least, the ones that got away with being kept alive. Fortunate little things. Probably because it was not near my bed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Martha! I needed a smile. 😄

      Delete
  9. This post just made my day :D You can add emojis on a computer?!?!? Your sisters are aborable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled to hear that, Annika!! 🥰 Yep, you can add emojis. Just put your cursor directly before or after a period, right-click, and choose the "Emoji" option on the task bar. 😁
      Thank you! 💗

      Delete
  10. I always look forward to Mondays now! I love reading your weekly musings. And that quote made me laugh XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scarlett!! You have NO IDEA how much I cherish your lovely comment. It touches me to know my posts are a bright spot in the beginning of your week. 😍 THANK YOU!!

      Delete
  11. Such a fun post! Naming flys does sound like a very COVID thing to do. But really, I get it. I've named trees before. And a miriade of other things. My family has a habit of attributing feelings to objects. XD
    Aw, I'm so glad I inspired you! Kid quotes are the best! And that one had me grinning so hard. XD Sometimes you have to wonder what is goinig through their brains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it though?! 😂 Hey, naming trees sounds cool. (I'll have to give that a try at some point . . .) I think I've named flowers before, when I was (way) younger. 😄
      Kid quotes are amazing!! Glad to know this one brought a smile to your face! 😊
      Thanks for commenting! 🥰

      Delete
    2. It's really fun when you get the hang of it. XD

      Delete
  12. Fun post! I smiled over your sister's comment. :D I've written down the funny things my nieces and nephews have said. It's such fun to read them. I don't think I've named flies, but I have named spiders.
    And yay for next week!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks!
      YES! I'm so excited! 🤩🤩🤩

      Delete
  13. how did you make the chocolate books? *star eyes* (can't figure out how to use emojis on my computer)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello "Anonymous"! I purchased the custom candy wrappers from an Etsy shop (https://www.etsy.com/shop/literarytreasuresco) and wrapped them around small pieces of Hershey's chocolate. 🥰

      Delete
  14. Oh my goodness!!! You too??? We name our flies too! 😂😂😂 *cries laughing*
    We started with "george" then "tom" but when we couldn't think of anything else we decided to add numbers. It got a little crazy. We name them right after we kill them. 😂
    I loved this post!
    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohhh, yay! Those sound like *excellent* fly names! 😂😂😂
      Thank you!! 💛

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?