Sunday, July 14, 2019

Musing #61 - Camping Trip!

 Hello everyone! So, two of my brothers (one older than me, the other younger) and I spent this past week enjoying . . . anyone want to guess, considering this musing's title gives it away? LOL . . . a camping trip! The time at a conference center in Machen, Virginia, which for us lasted four full days and five nights, has been marked as the first camping trip I ever took, and it was definitely a new experience for me. 
My brothers and I were with almost fifty other campers the entire week, studying insects, toxicology, and Christian apologetics. Every evening there was fun and games, and twice we lit a huge campfire, gathering around it to talk, roast s'mores, and sing a variety of songs. I shared a cabin with several girls around my age and made new friends that I can now converse with through email and letters. :-) 
So, anyway, I took around 350 pictures on this trip, and I'm about to dump quite a few of these pictures upon you in this post.
Enjoy! 
Starting the packing process. :-) Pens? Check. Bible? Check. Tales from Memory Creek Ranch? Check. The special journal Mom made for me to take? Check. A rain poncho in case of dreary weather? Check.

If you're a ping-pong player like my brother, you'd have loved the table, paddles, and balls they had set up outside for the campers to play with!

The food they made quickly became for me a highlight of the trip. It was all so yummy! One of my favorite meals was the chili with cheese, sour-cream, and a side of Fritos that they served one day for lunch. 

PICTURED BELOW ARE NUMEROUS PHOTOS FEATURING THE BITS OF GOD'S BEAUTIFUL CREATION THAT I WAS ABLE TO ADMIRE WHILE CAMPING.
WHICH PICTURE IS YOUR FAVORITE? 



















I loved our campfire nights!


 Have you ever been on a camping trip before? If so, what did you enjoy most about it? 


Until next time,
Ellen

14 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 15, 2019

    I like all the pictures, but the campfire is so pretty.☺ Was it like a tent camping trip or something like 'Worldview Academy'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just went to "worldview academy!" :) it was very fun,

      Delete
    2. Hmmm . . . since I've never been to a "worldview academy," I'm not exactly sure what it's like . . . I'm glad you were able to go, Ellie! Have you been to a "worldview academy" before, Lilly?

      Delete
    3. AnonymousJuly 16, 2019

      "Worldview Academy" is a Christian apologetics camp....which is why I asked if you went. I haven't been to "Worldview Academy" because I only heard about it this year, but a girl at our church went. I hope to go in the future if I can raise the money, though. I heard it's pretty good. ☺

      Delete
  2. Looks amazing Ellie! You didn't tell me you were going! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Sandrina! I'm sorry I did not tell you about my trip ahead of time . . . to make up for it, I'll be sure and write all about my camping experience in my next letter to you. :-)

      Delete
    2. No problem :-)
      Sounds great, I'll email you soon...

      Delete
  3. BookWorm3,000July 15, 2019

    Cool! :-)
    I have been on many camping trips before, but none like that. I've never been with a bunch of people I didn't know (though what you did sounds really fun); I've just been on family camping trips. :-)
    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BookWorm3,000July 15, 2019

      Oh, and my favorite thing about it is having a peaceful time enjoying God's nature and spending time with my family (and sometimes friends). :-)
      ~Hannah

      Delete
    2. Sounds like a lot of fun, Hannah! Thank you for sharing. :-)

      Delete
  4. I like all of the photos! I am a almost professional photographer... In the future I would get a closer view and look up on some of the plants. Sorry that sounds bad:-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, Saved! I'll remember the tip. :-)

      Delete
  5. I love the pictures!! I'm so glad you had fun at Machen. I have been to Machen, but not for the science camp. It sounds like a blast! - Emma

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?