Saturday, June 1, 2019

Musing #47 - Discussion On My Second Memory Verse

 Well, here I am again, my dear viewers, all ready to discuss my latest memory verse with you. This week's verse was Proverbs 20:22, listed below:



"Do not say, 'I will repay evil';
wait for the LORD, and He will deliver you."




  I learned at an early age that it's wrong to repay evil for evil. Being one of eight kids, my parents were sure to remind us again and again to tell Mom or Dad when a child misbehaved. We were not to take matters into our own hands, but instead bring every trial to them - they, who were in higher authority, and they whom we could love and trust with all our hearts - so that they could deal with it as they deemed fit.
  Now, as a young lady nearing adulthood, new opportunities have arisen for turning the other cheek and keeping quiet - opportunities that, for the first time, are outside this family.
 And when the wrongs done against me seem overwhelmingly pressing, revenge suddenly sounds so sweet. 
  Mom warns me that, if I should act upon my flesh, I would be given temporary relief to my overwrought feelings, but guilt and regret would follow soon afterward, and I would feel badly for what I'd done. Yes, I know she is right (she always is, it seems), but when I'm especially hurt and bothered by something someone has done against me, I'm almost ready to take that momentary relief - even if I do have to pay for it later.
  This was why Proverbs 20:22 brought me so much hope and encouragement. The verse serves as a reminder that the cases I face rest not in my hands, but in God's! I have His blessed promise that He will deliver me from the battle that I wage. 
  And if I can trust my parents enough to bring every little sorrow and joy to them, knowing that they will help and comfort me, what can stop me from doing the same for my Heavenly Father - the God I love so dearly, and the God I know loves me more than I could ever fathom?
  If you would like to hear an amazing song that reminds me of Proverbs 20:22 as well as Psalm 60:12, click HERE.


NEXT WEEK'S VERSE:

Is a surprise. Come back next week for the revealing and discussion of my memory verse . . . along with a fun giveaway!!!!


2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 01, 2019

    A giveway!? I wish I could enter. That is a great verse you picked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BookWorm3,000June 01, 2019

    I agree; it's VERY good to tell God and your parents about your problems instead of just doing whatever will give you temporary relief, but will cause more problems later. =)
    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?