Monday, August 30, 2021

Monday Musings // Heidi May

Well, my family just adopted a second kitten, and the best part about it is that she's mine 💜 (yes, I can sense your shock through the screen, and yes, it's true I went from avoiding these four-legged creatures to loving them in the course of two months 😂) My Heidi May is soooo super sweet, very shy, and really tiny. She's currently sleeping in the crook of my right arm, but I'll have to move her to my lap in a moment as it's hard for me to type fast one-handedly 😄

Bringing her home 🥰

The story of how I got Heidi is an interesting one, which I'm sure you're all dying to hear (er, read) 😉
My younger sis and I tagged along with Grandma and Pop Pop over the weekend hoping to find a cat for Grandma, but in the end I was the one who came across a kitten I absolutely adored. Mom and Dad had already said I could have a cat, although we certainly didn't think it would be quite so soon! When I returned home, Mom took one look at my face and knew we had to get her. So, we drove back to the pet store that very afternoon (within the hour!) and signed the papers. Mom had said she envisioned me with a black cat, and she was right 😃
At the time, my new kitty had already been given the name Wendy, which I initially decided fit her perfectly. But then we brought her home, and, as I got to know her more, I reconsidered it. Her name didn't suit her meek, timid personality or the obsession she seems to have with hiding herself (especially behind doors or in my bookshelves). As I debated new names for her, Mom suggested Heidi. I jumped for it, and not just because it described my kitten well. When Mom was pregnant with me and went for an ultrasound, she couldn't see me. Everyone seemed to think something was wrong, but then, thankfully, they discovered I'd just been hiding. Mom later joked that she wanted to call me "Heidi" 😁 When pressed for a middle name for Heidi, I chose May, my birth month 😊
Mom, Dad, and I have a deal, and that is that I do four years of college online (starting next year) and don't court or get married until the end of that time. Now with a cat all my own to love on and take care of, I'm even happier with the arrangement 🙂

Doing schoolwork together 💗

Okay, while Heidi is continuing to sleep comfortably on my lap, I'll finish up this post by listing off a few other important events that have taken place in the last two weeks. 
We moved Connor into college, and he's doing really well, which we're glad for, although we all miss him a lot. He's been able to call us several times, however, and I chatted with him for almost an hour and a half one night (it was definitely worth staying up till a quarter to midnight 😊)
I commenced taking dual enrollment college classes through Regent University on Monday, August 23. It was a little hectic at the beginning, with orientation quizzes and deadlines I hadn't even been aware of, among other things, but I'm feeling better about it now. All my assignments for the week are turned in, right on time. (yay!)

So, how are you all? What have you been up to? Comment below, I'd love to hear!

Blessings,
Ellen S.
Can you spot the kitty in this picture? 😄

14 comments:

  1. See what you've been missing not having a cat, Ellen!? �� The last picture is just like a true cat! Heidi is such a pretty name, and May is my favorite month too. I'm glad you're figuring out your dual enrollment.
    I've been busy with school and my job, and on top of that, both Lacey and I were officially invited to compete in the National Bible Bee Competition, so now we're preparing for that. So don't expect any posts from me until December. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lilly!! I do indeed see what I've been missing out on. XD I especially love to cuddle Heidi while doing my classes (in the times it gets stressful, she provides me w/ some therapy :D).
      Wow, that's awesome! Congrats!!!! I'm so excited for you. :-) I'm sure you both will do super well, and I look forward to hearing more!

      Delete
  2. Aww, I adore Heidi. She is so cute! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I started smiling when I saw the post. A tiny 'lil namesake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWWWW, Heidi May is SOOOOO ADORABLE!!!! Congratulations for getting her (and I LOVE her name)!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhhh she is sooooooo cuteeee!!!! And so little!!! Congrats! And I love the name <3
    My black kittens accompany me in my schoolwork as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Scotia!
      That's so cool! Kittens make great company :D

      Delete
  6. Aw, she’s adorable! I love the name Heidi May

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?