Monday, August 16, 2021

Monday Musings // Changes Ahead

And Monday Musings are BACK! (Well, for this week, anyway 😂)

Over the weekend our church had a "duck race," in which members of the congregation both decorated ducks for a contest AND raced plain plastic ducks in gutters with straws. Afterward, everyone cooled off with a bowl of ice cream and talked. That was lots of fun, even if a storm came upon us suddenly (meaning we had to rush home through rain, wind, and lightning) and my legs got eaten up by bugs. 



I chose to decorate/enter a duck in the "Biblical character" category of the contest. Comment below if you think you know what "Biblical character" my duck is dressed as!

The upcoming two weeks are going to be ones of change. We're moving Connor into college, which is taking a toll on us big time. Lots of packing, planning, and giving into or suppressing emotions. A couple of us, especially, aren't looking forward to saying "good-bye." Prayers for our family (particularly Connor as he embarks on this newest journey, and Mom, who's struggling with giving up her firstborn) would be appreciated. (If you want to know more about the college he's attending, read this post.)

Connor and me . . . buddies since day one.
Love you so much, big bro 
💙 
Go be amazing and serve where God calls you!

Next Monday, Lord willing, I'll start dual enrollment college classes through Regent University, and I'm feeling a little nervous about that. *sucks in deep breath* God is teaching me Spirit-reliance instead of self-reliance, but I still have a lot more to learn!

So, just a quick glimpse of what's going on my life right now.

How are you all doing? 

Have a very blessed week!

Blessings,
Ellen S.

8 comments:

  1. Hmm, some kind of king! King David? Aww praying for you as Connor leaves for collage, and you start duel-enrolment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, but good try 😊
      Thank you!! 💕

      Delete
  2. A duck race? That sounds fun. We had a church gathering over the weekend too, and if I ever find the time, I'll write about it in a blog update. I hope your dual enrollment goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun!
      I'd love to see that!
      Thank you! ❤

      Delete
  3. Nice to see a Monday Musing again! Is your duck the Christian in full armor of Ephesians 6? At least, that's what it reminded me of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lacey!
      You guessed it! 😁😁😁

      Delete
  4. Wishing you and Connor a world of success as you journey into a new world of education.
    God Bless
    Marion

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?