Saturday, June 29, 2019

Musing #58 - So Much Beauty Around Us, and Yet . . .

Click.
The sound of the buckle fastening securely around my sister's legs nearly always brings a sparkle to her big, dark eyes. Not today. Although her cries stop, no smile enters her face.
As soon as I get her out in the fresh air, she'll be fine, I think, and, wrapping my fingers about the handles of the stroller, I proceed to do just this.
But the baby isn't in an amiable attitude today; rather, she acts moody and upset, and after only a few minutes of walking she again begins to wail. I can't understand it. The beauty around us is so breathtaking and amazing, and because of this both my sister and I usually find our walks together to be immensely enjoyable. Around my feet the ants and beetles are skittering, and above us the sky is a gorgeous blue. The trees growing by the sidewalk provide not only shade, but also display an astonishing array of bright-green leaves. Flowers of various sorts are a sight to behold.
And yet, even with all this, my sister finds a reason to cry? 
As I take my sister out of her stroller, place her on my hip, and prepare to one-handedly push the stroller back home, I start to muse. 
My sister's attitude reminds me of . . . myself.
God sometimes places me in very trying situations, during which I cry and beg to be allowed to be delivered from it all. Then He shows me Himself - Who He is, what He is doing, and what He has in mind for me. 
The beauty is revealed to me, but I pay little attention, as I am too busy keeping my eyes on the ashes I've experienced.
You might be struggling with this very same thing. Or you could be noticing the work God is doing, yet the burden is so crushing you hardly care. Perhaps you're wondering, "Is it worth it?"
But I'm here to tell you: YES, it is worth it!!!!!
There's no trial so heavy that God can't use it for your good and His glory.
Trust Him, for
oh, how much we miss out on when we focus only upon our misery, and not upon Him and what He is doing in our lives! 

This makes up my discussion for my most recent memory verse, Jeremiah 29:11. 


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD. 
"Plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future."

If you would like to read my latest review for the Elsie Dinsmore series of books, go HERE. Please be aware that it might be my last review for a while . . . 

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 29, 2019

    I love that Bible verse.☺ Those pictures are nice. Happy (early) Independence Day.☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I could say I took those pictures myself . . . to be honest, however, I got them off the Internet. (LOL)
      Happy (early) Independence Day to you, too! :-)

      Delete
  2. BookWorm3,000June 30, 2019

    :-)
    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?