Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Musing #52 - "Seven Billion Smiles"

 Empty Space

There's an empty space inside me
a longing I've tried to kill.
I thought if I had everything
The emptiness would be filled.
And though I've checked off that list
I'm still not satisfied.
The picture-perfect dream world
Is nothing but a lie.
Our history's terrible story
is of men searching desperately to find
Something other than their Maker
that fulfils them, though they're blind.
But now I have the answer,
and now I've closed my case.
I've found the one Existence 
Who can fill my empty space.
                                               
                                                - Emma Starr

   The above poem was written by a special friend of mine who goes under the pen name of "Emma Starr." 
   Emma is a very a talented young lady who truly has a gift for poetry and art, and she has recently started a blog of her own. She plans to fill this blog up with doodles, poems, book reviews, and other fun stuff. 
   You'll find the link to her blog below, so go on over and leave her an encouraging comment! :-)



6 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 12, 2019

    Wow, Emma's poetry is good!☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. BookWorm3,000June 12, 2019

    That's a beautiful poem! Emma is very talented. :-)
    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE her work! I left a comment as well as a link to get to your blog.. Hope you don't mind..
    God bless,
    Saved

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's absolutely fine, Saved - thank you! :-)

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?