Saturday, March 19, 2022

First Post of 2022 // In Which I Explain My Absence

Helloooo, blogging world! I've missed you guys. Happy New Year! (A little late, I know.)

To quickly sum up what's been going on in my life over the past few months (and perhaps satisfactorily explain my absence from this blog) . . . 

  • We caught COVID (the omicron variant, which was miserable while it lasted but not the worst thing ever)
  • Since December, I have had Bible study almost every Thursday evening with some wonderful young ladies including my sister, Marah
  • I took two 8-week college courses that were challenging but oh, so rewarding
  • By God's grace alone, I managed to write a 12-page research essay draft in less than a week for one of those aforementioned courses
  • Snow
  • Warm weather
  • More snow
  • More warm weather!
  • New books!
  • As an awesome early 18th birthday from my parents, my mom took me to my second Casting Crowns concert . . . this time with pre-show experience tickets so that, before the concert, we could have a Question-and-Answer (Q&A) session with my very most favorite band ever!
  • I watched the movies War Room and Fireproof (both of which were fantastic, but I especially liked War Room and rewatched it with my mom the following day)
Now, for the pictures!



Reviews for this book and Stranger in the Glade coming soon!
I am making my way through this book for the Bible class I am currently taking. I am only a couple chapters in, but it is already promising to be a good read!

An afternoon in the bookstore! I left with a copy of Elinor by Shannon McNear, Secrets of the Heart by Al and Joanna Lacy, and A Christmas Promise by Thomas Kinkade and Katherine Spencer.

Two Weeks by Karen Kingsbury was an . . . interesting book, and one I would not necessarily recommend, but nonetheless I enjoy reading my books over a good meal . . . like warm sourdough French toast. Mm!
Mom and me at the concert!


Q&A with the band!
In our seats :-)
(the auditorium filled up fast shortly after I took this picture)


We arrived early enough to see them setting up the stage for Casting Crowns' song Crazy People before the concert started! This song was one of my favorites from that night.



Mom and me sporting our matching "Healer" shirts (souvenirs from the concert) and jean skirts :-) 

How have you been?? Did you have a favorite picture from this post? Do you like Casting Crowns' music or listened to any of the songs from "Healer," their newest album? Have you read the two updated Tales books? Comment below!

Blessings,
Ellen S.

22 comments:

  1. Thou art alive! �� I know I've said this before, but you and your mom look sooo much alike! I haven't read the newest Tales books; I want to, but I haven't brought myself to buy them...yet. One day, maybe! I'm glad to hear you've been doing well and have been having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Lilly, they do look alike :D
    That is so exciting you got to do that at the concert!!!
    Glad to hear you are well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Sawyer! I hope you are doing well also! <3

      Delete
  3. Hello Ellen! I was excited to see your post. Great to hear an update from you! Wow, when I saw the first picture of you and your mom, 1. You look like twins! 2. I thought it was one of your sisters! She looks so young. :) That sounds exciting to go to a concert by your favorite group! I like the last picture of you and your mom with matching outfits the best. :) I actually haven't heard any songs by Casting Crowns or read any of the Andi books. I'm on the Andi Carter blog, so I've seen snippets and I used to download the coloring pages. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dorcas Joy! Thank you!
      Ooh, you'll definitely have to check out Casting Crowns' music and the Andi books at some point! They're two of my favorite things. :)

      Delete
  4. Oooh, that's so cool! I LOVE CASTING CROWNS SOOO MUCH!
    Anyway, this blog is super cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my little blog of "musings," Cari! Thank you for your sweet words!
      It's awesome to hear from another Casting Crowns fan! Do you have a favorite song by them?

      Delete
  5. Wow, you sure have been busy. I'm so sorry you were sick. Congratulations on turning 18. That's a big milestone. How very exciting for you to have VIP tickets to the concert, looks like you had a wonderful time. The Bible study sounds wonderful and I'm sure blesses all who attend. College courses, essays, and all that you've been doing ... busy times indeed. My favorite picture in the post is you sitting on the floor in the bookstore, and I have to have a second one of you and your mom. Thanks for all the updates. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs. Hickey! It's so good to hear from you. Thank you for reading and commenting! I am glad you enjoyed this random life update. <3

      Delete
  6. Hi nice that you are back . I loved the pictures . Sorry you were sick though. Congrats on turning 18. I'm turning 20 this year and I'm so excited. Have a blessed day.
    https://alifeforhimnet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ellen;
    It is so nice hearing from you. Happy that you are feeling fine now. You and your mom are two peas in a pod. Ellen i love the photo of you in the bookstore. Nothing like strolling through the aisles of a bookstore and finding a treasure.
    HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY Happiness and Blessings.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL! 💗

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed this post! HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY!!! And I really love that last picture of you and your mom. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you ever so much, Rosy! <3

      Delete
  10. I enjoyed hearing from you!! You might be tired of hearing this so much, but I agree- you’re mom and you look like twins!
    Have a great spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura!! <3 I am flattered to know that so many people think I look a lot like my beautiful, amazing mom. :)

      Delete
  11. I enjoyed reading this update from you Ellen!
    I also got those Circle C books. I love the new covers!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?