Friday, October 9, 2020

Five Fall Favorites: Day Five ~ Instructional Non-Fiction

As our week at the Literary Lodge begins to draw to an end, there're only a few places around here left to visit! Today, I have the privilege of taking you all to the orchard to pick (and eat!) some crisp, juicy apples. So, grab a bushel basket, and we'll be on our way! Perhaps we'll have a bit of time to sit and read beneath a tree smothered in fresh, pink-and-white apple blossoms? I sure hope so!

While we make our way to the orchard, let's take a moment to look at our genre for today: instructional non-fiction


THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO GETTING YOUR BOOK PUBLISHED
I was assigned to write my first-ever research paper a couple years ago, and I knew almost immediately what I wanted the topic to be about: publishing. This book was a HUGE help as I prepared my manuscript and brainstormed ideas. It's fun, it's factual, and it helped get me an A on my paper. ;D
WRITERS ROUNDUP
Of course I couldn't get through the week without mentioning a book by my favorite author, could I?? You can read my full review for Writers Roundup HERE.

THE HOLY BIBLE 
Best instructional non-fiction book in the world. And that's all that needs to be said. <3

EXPERIENCING GOD
Only last year, what at first looked to be a dull school project quickly transformed into a challenge. A challenge to my faith, to my life, to my soul. By reading this book and completing the study included I discovered new things about God and about myself that have changed me forever. I'm of the opinion that Christian teenagers (and adults!) everywhere need to read Henry Blackaby's Experiencing God ~ Student Edition
SOUTHERN LIVING: 30 YEARS OF OUR BEST RECIPES
No, I don't cook, but my mom does, and believe me, these excellent recipes combined with my mom's special touch = pure heaven. <3

Aaaand, that's all for today, folks! Come back tomorrow for our final genre + the announcement of the giveaway winner! I hope you all have been enjoying your time at the Lodge; I know I have. :D

Blessings,
Ellen S.

9 comments:

  1. OOOO, I'm eyeing the first two... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Writers' Roundup" is an A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the third book!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look really interesting! And yes, the Bible is the best book ever written. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Martha AbileneOctober 09, 2020

    I STILL haven't read "Writers Roundup" . . . I really should.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful list! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I need "Writers Roundup." ;) And I have a few of the Southern Living cookbooks, but not the 30 years edition.

    The Bible is my daily instruction book. BEST BOOK EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?