Monday, October 26, 2020

Monday Musings // A Few Autumn Delights

Happy Monday, all! For this week's post, I thought I'd do something a little different. Hang with me, okay? 😄

A blogging friend, Mikayla @ Mikayla Holman, has been sharing some of the things that have made her smile recently. I really liked this idea, so I thought I'd grab a handful of my own happies from the past seven days and post about them. 😃 Enjoy, and I hope this musing brings a bit of extra sunshine to your day. 🥰

A FEW AUTUMN DELIGHTS

(not all fall-themed, but still taking place in the season in question)

~~~

Warm jackets w/ hoodies

MOD pizzas purchased by an unexpected source

Late nights spent watching I Love Lucy

Early morning jogs

Leaves splashed in gold, red, and orange

Photo shoots

Hair clips

Cozy socks

Encouraging blog posts

Mom's hugs

Glitter pens

Bike rides

A Toy Story-themed, Pin-the-Tail-on-Bullseye game w/ my sibs

Having my mask, shirt, and shoe laces all match for one visit to the store

Seeing Grandma and Pop Pop

Ruby's big blue eyes

The smell of fresh pumpkin muffins pervading the house 

New Kindle e-books

Green bananas 

Fuzzy pajama pants

My sister's laughter as she reads this post

Pink headphones

Jesus's constant provision for my family 💜

This picture ⬇⬇⬇⬇

Did you enjoy this post? What're some things you're thankful for/have made you smile recently?

Blessings,

Ellen S.

26 comments:

  1. Those are the names I call my grandparents as well! My granddad has passed on already, but he was a believer, so I know he's experiencing joy unspeakable right now. Thanks for the post, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're welcome! Thank you for commenting!! I'm so glad to hear your pop pop was a believer, and that you have this special memory of him. <3

      Delete
  2. Awww! Encouraging blog posts are the BEST! *looks with heart eyes at your blog* (Your blog encourages me!!!)
    I love all of those!!!! :D (Also- I have 2 blog posts coming up this week starting tomorrow!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And YOU encourage ME. <3 Thanks so much for your sweet words, friend! I loved reading your blog posts, BTW! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh- you approve comments again? I'm sorry... There must have been a reason... *grimaces*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx for your concern, Sawyer! My family and I were out of town most of this week, so for the time being I turned on comment moderation. I hope to switch back to what I had before here soon. :)

      Delete
  4. I loved this post, Ellen! Please do another one like this sometime! That pictures...😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lilly! I'll definitely try. :)
      So glad you like the picture! <3

      Delete
  5. Also, if you got three comments from me, that was an accident. I wasn't signed in on my google account on the other device and for some reason, it didn't tell me you were approving comments again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, nope, you're good! Just got this comment and the previous one (both published). :)

      Delete
  6. Awww your sister is precious!!! I've always wanted younger siblings but I have to make do with my friends many siblings instead! :) Wonderful post idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fall/autumn is the BEST season. I love how most of the things that make you smile are the simple things in life. You try to see beauty everywhere. <3
    (And yes, it did add a bit of extra sunshine to my day. :D)
    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, yes, most definitely my fuzzy socks! I just might steal this post idea from you, Ellen. :) Ruby . . . *wishes desperately that I could reach through the screen and hug her*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to see you did a post like this on your blog, Martha!! And I wish you could reach through the screen too. ;)

      Delete
  9. I love this sooo much and I am DEFINITELY stealing the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES! I agree with all of these :) And I LOVE mod pizza!! *licks lips in remembrance*
    Love this post, Ellen! <33

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this concept!! Always great to focus on and remember the blessings. :)

    https://lifewithoutalatte.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this. <3 <3 Your list is epic! One thing I'd love to add to mine is getting a small vacation in the middle of this crazy year. That was amazing. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bunches, Mikayla! *hugs*
      Definitely! =)

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?