Monday, October 19, 2020

Monday Musings // Home Haircut!

It's been a great week! Between clearing out over 2,000 of my old, old emails from the family account (which I was using until I got my own Gmail two years ago), watching Ruby's first tooth come in, and receiving a home haircut (!!!), life has been anything but dull. Sadly, however, I did not get as many pictures as I would have liked to this past week, mainly just the ones from a photo shoot my sister, Marah, and I had yesterday (Sunday). It had been years since the last time Mom felt brave enough to cut my hair herself, and I wanted to capture the results on camera. I think Mom did a marvelous job! πŸ˜„

BEFORE (with my hair at waist-length):

AFTER (with my hair at just-below-shoulder-length): 




Aaaaand, with that out of the way . . . back to listing recent events. πŸ˜ƒ
On Saturday, Sandrina and I were able to Skype for an hour or so, which is always a delight. πŸ₯° The afternoon of that same day, the kids and Dad traipsed downstairs to the basement to lug out old clothes bins. The weather here is steadily growing colder, and the littlest ones, especially, needed jackets and boots. 😊 
Sunday morning, Dad biked alongside Marah and I as we went jogging. I'm sure we made quite the picture, Dad back-pedaling to keep the same pace as us when we slipped from jogging to walking on the way home. One driver pulled over to the side of the road to check and make sure he was our father and not some suspicious stalker. πŸ˜‚ (love you so much, Dad!!)
Well, I suppose this ends today's post. The upcoming days are going to be really busy for my family, so I can't promise a Monday Musings for next week, but I'll do my best. 😁 Consider yourselves fully warned, though, if I don't make it. πŸ˜‰

Have you ever had a home haircut? What's the weather like where you live? Comment below! 

Blessings,
Ellen S.

21 comments:

  1. Haha that's great!! Your hair looks great Ellen!! Yes, I certainly have! Home haircuts is what we always do - I've never set foot in a barber shop! *wink* The weather is getting chilly around here too, though the days are still lovely with sunshine and a sweatshirt! Great to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Autumn!! Great to hear from you, too! <3

      Delete
  2. I like your new haircut! We almost always cut our own hair-it's SO much cheaper. The weather here has been really nice, and it's raining right now! We haven't had rain in over a month here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! (I like it too. *wink*)
      Nice! We've had plenty of rain recently, but the past couple days have been beautifully sunny. :D

      Delete
  3. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ yup! That can be daddy sometimes πŸ˜‚
    Love your hair cut! Very pretty! Mama and me don’t even think about a game haircut. It would be nice! However- I have really thick hair πŸ˜‚ and even at a place- it takes about an hour with how thick it is πŸ˜›

    Ooo! Boots and jackets! πŸ˜‚ we actually keep all our jackets and boots out all year around. We’re getting down snow clothes sometime this week πŸ™„ it’s pretty much a high of 30 all week 😬
    Glad to hear from you! I always look forward to Monday Musings! πŸ€—

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sawyer!! LOL, my hair is super thick as well . . . which is one of the main reasons why Mom didn't want to cut it before now. When I was younger, Mom would *always* do my hair herself . . . then chase me around the house with a pair of scissors to get that "one piece" she missed. xD Since then, however, she's grown more confident, especially once she learned how to cut hair in layers. :)

      Delete
  4. My mom gives my dad and brothers home hair cuts (except one of my brothers has decided he likes the professional haircuts better) and I do think she trimmed my hair once at home, but other than that, us ladies usually go get it done (except I rarely get my hair cut, anyway XD).
    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! =)
      Thx for commenting, Hannah! <3

      Delete
  5. Ellieeeee

    I've been so busy with college stuff that I've missed a lot of bloggerly things and I'm SO happy to return to your happy happy posts. <3 <3

    My mom cut my hair the same length as yours too!!! Quarantine hair cut buddies. lol I feel like...a different person. lol

    YOU LOOK GORGEOUS and it suits you!! You look fabulous in both lengths, and it's great that you can try something new. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emmaaaaa.
      Thank you so much for your kind words, m'dear. :)

      Delete
  6. Aw! Haircuts are always so exciting! Especially waking up the next day and remembering and being like “oh yay there’s that fun little Thing that I forgot about”🀣🀣 if you know what I mean;);););)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.s. that’s super funny that they were making sure he wasn’t stocking you!! How sweet of themπŸ˜‚

      Delete
    2. Yes, I *so* know what you mean, Lexah!! :D
      Thank you for commenting! <3

      Delete
  7. Nice haircut, girl!! You're so cute <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks!! Same to you!! *hugs*

      Delete
  8. That haircut is so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did a post about cutting my hair awhile ago! I cut off four inches. My Mom has always cut our hair. The whole family's in fact.
    Lol. But after my Bro, Lando, went into the military he had to go to the barber! Now my mom doesn't dare cut his hair when he's home on leave because she doesn't know how to do a military cut.
    He tried to get her to once because he didn't what to go to the barber but she was like, "I don't know how!" So he went to the barber and got it cut. *laughs*
    Your haircut it pretty, btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! :D I love getting my hair cut and admiring the new length. xD
      Thank you!

      Delete
  10. Oh and as for weather where I am. We have five inches of snow! And we had nine at our new house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's crazy! *shudders*
      Stay warm!!

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?