Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Musing #4 - Happy New Year!

Hi! Welcome to the first day of 2019. Are you excited? I am. 2018 has passed, and now a whole new years lies open before us, full of unseen possibilities, valuable lessons, and God's numerous blessings. Last year, I awoke on the morning of January 1st with plans all my own for the year. I planned on doing this, writing that. Guess what? 
God had His Own plans for me, and they far exceeded any plans or expectations of my own.
Many, many things occurred during that year (too many to list here), but I'll say this: God put it on my heart to keep a journal. I did. Every night throughout the whole year of 2018, I resolved to write down the day's happenings, and I pursued that resolve. I sure am glad I kept that up. I strongly encourage you, too, to try and document occurrences and events. 
It takes work, as there were many nights I wanted just to slam my journal shut and read a book. But every entry was worth the effort. I now have something to read, to look back upon and reflect all God has done for me throughout the year. And hey, if your goal is like mine, to write in your journal every day, and you miss a day or two, so what? I'll tell you a little secret: I missed three days this past year. It's no big deal. If you realize you've skipped a day, you could try to recount all that'd happened the day before and record it, or simply move on in life. It's nothing to sweat over, really. Why, if you wanted to, you could write in your journal only twice in one year! For, as I said before, the whole point behind a journal is just to have something to read and reflect upon. Whatever you do, don't say, "Oops, forgot a day. It's hopeless," and give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
I do believe the most important thing for a writer to remember is to keep writing. In everything he/she does, he/she must keep going. Have you ever watched Finding Dory? (LOL) Dory (the fish) sings, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming . . ." Well, we're not fish. We're writers. So let's, together, sing, "Just keep writing, just keep writing . . ." and encourage one another in our pursuits.
I love to read my old entries and see how God worked through certain incidents. He has been so, so good to me. It's . . . it's . . . well, indescribable.
THANK YOU, JESUS!
Thus, as you can see, my method for keeping His blessings in mind is by writing them all down. What about you? Do you have any particular "method"? Feel free to share your answer in the comments; I'm always interested in finding new ways to keep Christ in mind :-).
Another thing I like to do during the year . . .
On Jan. 1st, I pick a word to meditate on throughout the year. Last year's word was "serve," to go with my fav. Bible verse: "For the Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve, and to give His Life as a ransom for many." (Matthew 20:28) This year, my word is "possible," and my verse is, "But He said, 'What is impossible with man is possible with God.'" (Luke 18:27) Do you have a word you like to think on? Or a Bible verse you especially like? Again, if you'd care to share in a comment, I'm all for it!
Jesus has blessed me so abundantly with each one of you viewers, and it is my prayer that these little "musings" bless and encourage you throughout this new year :-).


~Ellen

6 comments:

  1. That has been my resolution for the past three years I think. Hasn't happened yet (LOL)!!!
    I like that verse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Sandy.
      You should give journal-writing another try this year! It takes work, but a again, "every entry is worth the effort." It was worth it so much so that I'm doing my best to fill another few journals for 2019 :-).

      Delete
  2. Hey Ellie! Guess what? Before I even read this post, I had resolved to write every night before I go to bed in my journal. (So far, so good) I am excited to keep writing every night! Oh, by the way, my word for the year is "truth." Hope to talk to you soon (I need to write another letter, lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go, Caleigh, go! (LOL)
      Thanks for stopping by :-). I always get excited to see a comment from you.
      Love your word for the year!!!!

      Delete
  3. You are an inspiration to me. Love you❤

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?