Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Writer/Reader's Dream Come True!

I have many happy places, some of which include being outside with a book, on my bed before a computer/journal, or in the van taking a road trip. But when I come across a place that holds sooooo many of my favorite things at once, my heart just seems to bubble over. 😍😍😍

Monday morning, my mom and I went antiquing. She loves anything pretty and vintage that could possibly be used in making a "junk journal", so antique stores are right up her alley. (if you'd like to check out some of her creations, visit her Instagram page.) On the way home, I told Mom, "I wish there was a writer's store that I could go to. You know, one that sells pens and paper and is full of inspirations specifically meant for published/budding authors . . ." 

The next day, Mom and I trekked out again, expecting to go to another antique shop. Their website had said they were open, but we realized too late that the information was false. Sitting in a parking lot forty-some minutes away from home, Mom and I debated what to do next.

"I think there's a Barnes & Noble around here somewhere," she said. "We can go there and then head back home."

We decided to give it a try. However, neither one of us had been in the area for a number of years, so we soon discovered that the Barnes & Noble had been replaced by a Books-a-Million (BAM!) store . . . which turned out to be THE BEST EVER. 🤩🤩🤩 It had lava/glitter lamps, books, stationery, notebooks, planners, fun trinkets, pens . . . yep, I was beyond excited. 😄 Truly, this was something only God could orchestrate!! He knew before I spoke a word just how much a place like this would mean to me . . . a place I wasn't even aware existed. 💜

All my goodies!! A copy of If I Run by Terri Blackstock (which had been highly recommended by a friend on Goodreads), a mug, three pens with useful grammar tips, and a world's smallest glitter lamp. 🥰😁

Do you have a BAM! store where you live? What's a way God has shown you recently that He's providing for you? Drop a comment and tell me!

Blessings,

Ellen S.

14 comments:

  1. Ooh, that sounds like a fun store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just googled it, and the nearest one is two hours away :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fun! I've heard of Books-A-Million before, but I've never been to one. The closest one is an hour and forty something minutes away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh yes, there's one 5 miles from us!! I'll have to go sometime soon!!! Looks so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a store like that, but 2 hours away from us. I've been there once. I know they have more Christian books than other stores. I'm so happy you had a good day with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abigail HarrisDecember 30, 2020

    The only bookstore in a reasonable distance for me is BAM and it is only like 15 minutes away. Which I love... If I had money I'd go every week, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this looks so fun!!!!! I think I might have been to a BAM one time a long time ago . . . but it just looks amazing! *heart eyes*

    And you got If I Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!<33333333333333333

    ReplyDelete
  8. 😂 never heard of it, I googled it- closest one to me is over 15 hours away 🤣
    Maybe someday 😁

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had so much fun!!! Blessed to be your mom❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. there aren't any in Minnesota!!! *cries*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Also- you and your mama do journaling?! Have you thought about doing a collaboration with her where you talk about journaling and how to do that?

    Also- please tell your mom I checked her Instagram page and loved it 😍 I just started doing what she is. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?