Monday, December 28, 2020

Monday Musings // Last Full Week of 2020!!

A belated Merry Christmas + early Happy New Year to you all! 😀 Hope you guys are having fun and staying safe this holiday season. 🥰

My sister, Marah, and I went jogging Christmas Day. I was under the impression that our weather would rise as high as sixty degrees (Fahrenheit), so I came outside in shorts and a light jacket. Huge mistake. No matter how much or how hard I jogged, my legs went numb and stayed numb--it was that cold. 🥶 But the biggest surprise was yet to come: it snowed!!! That hadn't happened on Christmas Day in, like, ever. It was amazing!! 😄

We didn't do presents or decorations this year, but we still had a big dinner as a family around the dining room table, so that was nice. We also saved the Silent Night Sue Thomas episode from season one of the series, which we watched on Christmas Eve. 🤗🤗🤗 And Mom made a pan of luscious cinnamon rolls and a couple trays of cookies. 😋

The following day (Saturday), I guest posted on Caleigh's blog. (go check it out, and be sure to enter the giveaway she's hosting right now!!)

Currently, I'm choosing a word for 2021. This past year I used both endurance and follow, and in previous years it's been possible (2019), serve (2018), and precious (2017). I'm trusting God to show me what He wants my next word to be. 😊

Some pictures from the week . . . 

Walk in the snow. 🙂

Mom and me. 💙
😍😍😍

How did your family celebrate Christmas? Do you have a word for 2021? Are you excited for the new year? Comment below!

Blessings,

Ellen S.

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like y'all had a nice Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very nice! :) Thanks, Lilly! <3

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas Ellen! We got a white Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry late Christmas Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, dear. :D :D :D Same to you!

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas!!! You got snow too? That's so cool! (Pun not intended) XP This was my first white Christmas, so that was REALLY fun!!!! Hope you have an awesome last week of 2020! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! LOL, love that pun. ;) So glad to hear you had snow as well!

      Delete
  6. Oh, fun!!!! A White Christmas!! (we never get much snow, so I decided that, if I saw a single snowflake on Christmas day, that counted as a White Christmas XD) We haven't had enough snow to stick this winter, but I'm still hoping we get at least one nice snow! :D
    I don't have a "word of the year" as of right now - but do you mind if I "steal" that idea? :D I love the idea!!!

    Hope you're doing well!!! I've been taking a blogosphere break for a while, but I'm back and trying to catch up a little now! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #same. :D
      Certainly, you may "steal" the idea!! I'd love to know the word you choose for the upcoming year! =)
      Glad to have you back! ^_^

      Delete
    2. *jumps in*
      I have 3 words!
      -Bold
      -Wholehearted
      -Hope
      😁

      Delete
    3. Love those!! I added my (current) 2021 word choice to the sidebar. :D

      Delete
  7. Happiness and Blessings in the New Year.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm busy picking my word and scripture too :) I have my hymn already though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, great! What hymn would that be? :)

      Delete
  9. The Silent Night Sue Thomas episode is fun!! We like to watch it around Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?