Saturday, September 28, 2019

Musing #90 - Quotes and Lines

Everybody . . . this is my ninetieth musing, meaning I'm just ten short of doing 100 posts! *eeks*  Anyway . . . 

My good friend and email/pen-pal, Sandrina, @ From the Notebook, had this really fun post last Monday called Quotes and Lines. I loved her idea, and I thought, "Hey, why not do it on my blog?" So, here you go - a few of my favorite quotes from a series of different books. (Thank you, Sandrina, for the inspiration!)

"Lord, help me be a bonfire on someone's beach, a light in the darkness . . ." this is a prayer mentally lifted up by Cara, the main character in Kaitlyn Krispense's book, Beloved

"Heart and flesh often fail. Let them fail! He faileth not." Hudson Taylor, from Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret.

"How are you ever going to move on with your life when you're living in the past?" this quote . . . I loved this quote. Indeed, the book from which it is found (Faith Potts' Freedom) has more of my highlights enclosed within it than almost any other book I've read, with the exception of the Bible. 

"I only wanted him. I only wanted someone who would never leave me, someone who understood. But the scar laughed in my face." from Hosanna Emily's book, The Torch Keepers. This quote hit me hard. It made me feel like crying. I longed to reach into the pages and wrap Kadira in one big hug, assuring her that she is loved, she is wanted, and she is understood. So many girls in today's society feel the way Kadira did. It's very sad, and I pray that God will provide me with more opportunities to show these girls the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

". . . I nearly swooned, so great was my anguish." guys, I can't read this line without bursting into a smile . . . or, I admit, a giggle. Aunt Lydia from Susan K. Marlow's The Last Ride has got to be the most hilarious character Mrs. Marlow has ever come up with. Anyone agree?

Wow, this post was super fun to write! Thank you again, Sandrina!

Have you read any of the books mentioned above? Do you have a favorite quote? Let's talk in the comments below! 

6 comments:

  1. Fun posts. Aunt Lydia is sooo funny. :-) Way to go on almost 100 posts. I am only three short from 100. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, then, a "way to go" back at you. 😉

      Delete
  2. Aunt Lydia is funny, but Aunt Rebecca is really funny too. I like annoying, over-protected characters [in books and TV] like her.
    I also like the quote by Hudson Taylor.
    Also a quote from one of Susan Marlow's books: "Going somewhere, little lady?" [Andrea Carter and the Dangerous Decision] Jed was a very good character.
    ~Elate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! Jed. I hope we see more of him in any future books Mrs. Marlow might write. 😊
      Aunt Rebecca is funny, too. But of all the Circle C characters, my favorite has to be Riley Prescott. 😊

      Delete
  3. Awesome! So cool to see you do it too.
    Love your quotes 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandy! I had a lot of fun with this post. 😊

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?