Saturday, September 14, 2019

Musing #86 - Call Upon Him

So many lessons can be learned from a girl who has not yet seen her second birthday! 
Recently, my little sister has figured out how to say my name . . . sort of. In sweet baby accents, she sings out, "Eh-yee!" - her form of my nickname, "Ellie." My name is the one that seems to come most readily to her lips, even more than "ma-ma" (shh . . . please don't tell my mom I said that!). Whenever my sister spills a cup, gets a dab of oatmeal on her finger, or wants to go outside, it's "Eh-yee! Eh-yee!" And there are times, even, when she says my name for no apparent reason at all, but just because she wants my attention, or because she wants to show me something she's proud of or puzzled over. Her love and devotion for me is obvious - it's unarguable.
So . . . why am I sharing all this? Well, one reason is for my sisterly pride, but . . . *clears throat* No, the real reason I'm sharing this is because I want to remind us all of something.
And that is that we are like little toddlers, just learning to speak, excited over every little discovery, agonized in every crisis, and longing for attention - each time knowing that all we have to do is cry out, "Father!" and He hears us. In fact, we don't have to say anything at all before He knows. He knows our thoughts, our circumstances, our everything. It's all in His hands.
He is right here, right beside us, all the time - seeing, knowing, and hearing.

All we have to do is trust in Him.
And now I must go, for once again I'm being summoned by my sweet sister. 😊

It is my prayer that each of you has this hope within your hearts. If you're reading this post and you're unsure of who God is, who you are in Him, or anything along those lines, don't hesitate to drop a comment. I'd love to converse further with you and perhaps, with God's help, lead you to the path of true peace and joy.
Don't ever forget: you are LOVED. 
Loved beyond all comprehension. 


7 comments:

  1. Well said Ellen. What a blessing to have a baby sister. I am the youngest of 3 sisters. Thank you for sharing how much God loves us. So important to Trust Him with our lives. Keep writing. You have a gift. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet reminder, Ellie, thanks for sharing 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ellen! My brother always called me 'Fwa' [I have no clue were he got Fwa from Sawyer but it is one of my fav names he has called me!]
    I pray that others would find peace in Christ Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't funny how we often forget the things that should be easiest to remember? God loves us more than anyone else ever can. I was thinking today about how a child's love for God is so pure and unconfused. It would be great it we could all be like a child who just simply loves Jesus. Thank you, Ellen for the great reminder!
    ~Elate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Child-like faith. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ellen, I just wanted to say that I won't be on your blog for a while. I am going on a trip. I will totally talk when I get back!!! I pray you and your family are well. [When I get back from 3 weeks I will need to catch up on your posts!]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww this is such a sweet post, Ellen! A bright spot in my day. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?