Friday, August 2, 2019

Musing #78 - "The Ten Questions Book Tag"

Hi everyone! So, my blogger friend Lilly from Lilly's Tidbit did this fun post on her blog a while back called: "The Ten Questions Book Tag." She said anyone could do the tag, and, since all her questions looked super fun, I decided to join in on the challenge. ;-) However, for me, it should be called "The Seven Questions Book Tag," as I could come up with only 7 questions for others to answer. But that's all right, being as it is that I nominated 3 bloggers to also do this tag, and, well, 3 plus 7 equals 10.  *wink, wink*

Anyway, h
ere are Lilly's questions and my answers:

1. What is your favorite series? Oh, my, really? Well . . . I love each and every one of Mrs. Susan K. Marlow's series of books - from the Circle C Beginnings to the Goldtown Adventures to the Circle C Milestones. You can tell because . . . well . . . look at my Andi Carter shelf! (LOL)



2. What is the most boring book you've read? Hmm . . . one boring book (although I couldn't say it was the most boring) that I've read would probably be Across Five Aprils by Irene Hunt.
3. What is your favorite book about a missionary? I have two favorites: The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom and Elizabeth and John Sherrill and Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret by Dr. and Mrs. Howard Taylor. 



4. What is a book you didn't want to read, but found rather interesting? There's been quite a number of such books. To list a few: A Tale of Two Cities, Animal Farm, and Pride and Prejudice.





 5. What is a book that had terrible grammar? Let's see . . . I know I've read a couple books now with bad grammar (some were self-published, so the grammar issues were typical typos). But none really single themselves out in my mind right now, so . . . 



6. What is your favorite book? Again, may I say I have 2 favorites? ;-) If so . . . the Bible and Tales from Memory Creek Ranch.






7. What is a book that has impacted you the most? Either one of the books I mentioned in answer to question #3.

8. What is a book that you would recommend to anyone, of any age? I have several: the Bible, of course, then any one of Mrs. Marlow's books from all her series except the Milestones and a few books from the Adventures. 

9. If you could pick one genre to eliminate, which would you choose? Romance.

10. What is one of your favorite book covers? Oh, um, hmmm, probably Mark Hall's cover for his book, Only Jesus, A Voice that Sounds Like Home. I love its beautiful simplicity!

And now I must nominate some bloggers to answer the following questions:

1. What is one book you wish could be transformed into a movie?
2. Has there ever been a book where you were completely unsatisfied with the ending? If so, what book? 
3. What is one devotional book that has left some sort of long-lasting impression upon your life?
4. Is there a book that you could read over and over and over again and yet never fully grow tired of it?
5. What is one of the most craziest or unrealistic books you've ever read? 
6. What one book have you been unable to finish because the story plot suddenly turned boring?

And one final question for Andi fans . . . 

7. Out of ALL Mrs. Susan K. Marlow's books, which one is your very most favorite and why? 

I nominate Ellie, Sandrina, Emma, and any one else who'd like to participate in the tagging fun, either in the comment section below or on their own personal blogs. 
I look forward to reading all your answers! :-)

~ Ellen

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing it! I like you answers! Do you have multiple copies of some of Mrs. M's books? It looks like it.☺ "The Hiding Place" is such a good book! "Animal Farm" is a very interesting book. Thanks again!☺☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It was super fun. :-)
      Yes, I do own multiple copies of some of Mrs. Marlow's books. Those "extra copies" come in handy whenever I want to loan or give a CCA book to a friend . . . something I'm known for doing in the past. ;-)
      I very much agree that "The Hiding Place" is a good book, and "Animal Farm" is also really interesting. Both are well-written and have a way of drawing you in.
      Thanks for the opportunity to participate in the tagging fun!

      ~Ellen

      Delete
  2. BookWorm3,000August 02, 2019

    Cool, Ellen! Here are my answers:

    1. "Elsie Dinsmore" (the original).
    2. I'd say yes, but I was really unsatisfied with the whole book. It was "Bachelor Girl" from the Rose Wilder series by Roger Lea MacBride.
    3. I'm not sure.
    4. I think I could probably do that with any of "The Prince Warrior" books.
    5. I'm not sure. I don't really read things like that.
    6. "Mutiny on the Bounty".
    7. That's a tough question. I've read "The Circle C Beginnings", the "Adventures", "Tales from the Circle C Ranch", and the "Milestones". My favorite of the "Adventures" is "Dangerous Decision", with "Trouble with Treasure" a close second. My Favorite "Milestones" is "Courageous Love".

    Thanks! :-)
    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nomination Ellie! I'll get to it 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, Sandy! I can't wait to see your answers. :-)

      Delete
    2. Just to let you know, this is the blog I'm using now, and where I will post the answers :-) fromthenotebook.home.blog

      Delete
    3. Okay, thanks for letting me know! I went ahead and switched the link in the post to your new blog. :-)

      Delete
  4. I accept the challenge! You can see my answers on my blog post here:
    https://sevenbillionsmiles.home.blog/2019/08/05/seven-questions-book-tag/

    Thanks, friend! <3

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?