Saturday, August 3, 2019

Musing #79 - Our First Peek at Baby

Hi friends! Mom went in for her first ultrasound last Wednesday and returned with pictures of our sweet new baby, almost 12 weeks old and securely snuggled in the womb. Our Creator is so amazing - this baby is living proof of this fact. In only a short 11-and-a-half-week's time, the baby has developed fingers, toes, intestinal and reproductive systems, teeth buds, and eyelids, and at 12 weeks (where Mom is now) both the toe and finger nails arrive. His or her skeleton is hardening, and at this time the baby is kicking up a storm (although, of course, the kicks are so teeny Mom can't yet feel them . . . but it won't be long before she does!). There's no doubt about it: although no bigger than a lime, Ruby Jane or Benjamin Noah Senechal is already known by God, and he or she is being created in His Image!
I love it that, with an ultrasound, we're able to catch a glimpse as to what God is doing in the dark womb, and Mom's narration of her experience gets me all excited, for, over the screen of this wonderful machine, both she and Dad got to watch the baby's heart beat at its rapid pace and see this little child jump and roll about, healthy and active. Thank You, Jesus!





Isn't he or she absolutely adorable? If you look closely, you can see the beautiful features of the little face, as well as catch a glimpse of the tiny fingers lifted just above the baby's head. :-)

"For You formed my inward parts; You knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are Your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in Your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." PSALM 139:13-16

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you . . ." JEREMIAH 1:5

"So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created them; male and female He created them." GENESIS 1:27

22 comments:

  1. Living proof!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of our Creator.

      Delete
    2. My fave verse is,...... The one that, [dang] He says "For I am fearfully and wonderfully made. For you stitched me together in my mothers womb. [Or something like that}

      Delete
    3. I just realized that that was the verse you posted with it! ;) Well, now you know my fave verse,

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Very much so! *nods head in complete agreement*

      Delete
  3. Oh, Ellen, this must be the best thing in the world!! I'm so happy for you! Baby Senechal is adorable and a perfect reminder of how GOOD our Heavenly Father is! <3
    ~Izzy~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this sweet and thoughtful comment, Izzy! It made my day to see you share in my joy over the beautiful new life God is knitting together. And YES, I agree with you fully - seeing Baby Senechal for the first time was a wonderful, joyous experience, and having his or her picture to continually look at and wonder over does indeed serve as a constant reminder of our great and mighty Creator. <3

      Delete
  4. Your baby!!! He/she is the cutest thing, and that picture... *gushes* ♥ How loving the Lord is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, yes - the Lord is good!
      Thanks for commenting, Hosanna! <3

      Delete
  5. What a blessing for y'all! Congratulations, and best wishes, God's work is amazing!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! I couldn't agree more. :-)

      Delete
  6. I love babies! I remember how exciting it was when my siblings and I learned we were going to have a new baby sister! :D I'm so happy for you! :D
    P.S. I love your blog, Ellen! I'm new to it and am going to try to keep up to date on all you posts :-)
    ~Elate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Elate! All glory be to God! <3

      Delete
  7. How is your baby sissy of brother doing? I noticed that you haven't posted to much. [I don't mind, I was just wondering if every thing is ok.] Remember the song by Casting Crowns, the song verse is. "I will praise you in this storm. And I will lift my hands to the one that gives and takes away."
    [I don't know that much about you, so I can't say that I know if you are doing good. So I am just saying that I am praying for you. If your baby is doing well or if the baby is a angle.]
    Sorry, I just know that my mom has lost a baby even after awhile. It was really hard on my moms body. She almost died. She is well now. I have had 3 sibling since than. So I just wanted you to know that I am praying for your family and that Gods will may be done. [Sorry if that sounded mean...]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless,
      Sawyer Marie A.K.A Saved

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for caring, Saved! We are all well, and baby is doing splendidly. I know what you're saying, though, as we did have a miscarriage only two short years ago.
      Thankfully, this little one is growing strong and healthy, and we are resting in our Savior. We fully trust Him and His will for our lives.
      Thanks again; we appreciate the prayers!
      Blessings,
      Ellen
      p.s. The only reason I’m not posting is because my mind is (currently) drained. *laughs*

      Delete
    3. I am SO glad! My mom didn't have a miscarriage, the baby got stuck in a tub and it burst. The doctors told her it was a miscarriage. What they didn't know was that the tub was putting bad things in my moms body. She was in SO much pain that she left the hospital in our small town and drove 2 hours to the 'big'[for us] city. Were she had emergency surgery. She is alive [Hallelua] I am glad your mom is doing well. Thank you for understanding my worries.[On your baby]
      God bless, Saved

      Delete
  8. Hay y'all! Its me again, [sorry if you are sick of me and my comments! ;)]
    But I need your prayers: I am a professional figure skater and I land a ton of big jumps on my right knee. And I have injured both my knees pretty badly. Would you pray that my knee heals. Pray that I can get into the knee doctor before september 20? And that Physical Therapy dos well? Today is my first day *Scared face*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly, Saved. 😊
      "Lord, please give Sawyer Marie strength and help as she goes forward. Please heal her knees and provide a doctor's appointment before September 20th. We know that You are mighty, and that Your plans are best. Thank You, Jesus, for all You're doing. Thank You for blessing Sawyer Marie with the ability to be a professional ice-skater. We trust Your timing. In Jesus' Name. Amen."

      Delete
    2. Amen!

      Delete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?