Sunday, May 5, 2019

Musing #38 - Photo Dump

 Hi, friends! So, this is my first photo dump, and I have to admit that I'm super excited about it :-). Ready? Here we go!


   From Wednesday to Sunday (today) my family and I were vacationing in Lancaster, PA. (So much fun!) We browsed the antique malls, watched the "JESUS" play at Sight & Sound Theatre (which, BTW, was absolutely AMAZING!!!!), did a bit of shopping, and enjoyed a day at that great amusement park, "Dutch Wonderland." Thus, I have many, many pictures to share, and we'd best get started! (LOL)

Our "home away from home" was owned and run by an Amish family. Notice the Amish hat hung up by the door? It's been turned into a birdhouse. 
Our house at another angle

This house even had a cellar!


Oh, and it also came with a hitching rail - for the horses



While we were in Lancaster, we visited the Tabernacle, which the Mennonites reconstructed. This is a picture of the "high priest" about to offer incense.







The altar of incense 


The table for the holy bread









The gold lampstand

The Ark of the Covenant 

The outside view of the Tabernacle - the courtyard, containing the altar for burnt offerings and the wash bowl







This picture of the Tabernacle was painted on the building wall
A very special gift from a very special person, who told me that this bag reminded her of my favorite song ("Voice of Truth")

Some of the postcards I brought home :-)
My favorite ride at Dutch Wonderland - the "Sky Ride."
This is a picture of one of the multicolored "coaches" they had travelling on a line many, many feet above the ground. FUN!!!



Thinking of you, Lilly :-)


They were offering pony rides for the little kids (With the help of my camera's zoom-ability, I took this picture while on my "Sky Ride")


Several times a day, plays were made. We could choose between "The Frog Prince" and "A Dragon's Tale." We chose to watch both ;-) 




We stopped by "The Kitchen Kettle." Take a look at all those jars of lusciousness! 




I love this, especially the pretty color of the apple cinnamon jellies (second from left)


This sign was sitting on the windowsill above the kitchen sink of our house . . . and I have a feeling that this "Y'all come back" order will be obeyed in the near future :-)



And there you have it! We had a grand time in PA, but I'm glad to be home :-). Now, off to publish and answer some comments! (LOL) Hope you have a very blessed week!

11 comments:

  1. BookWorm3,000May 05, 2019

    I've been to the Tabernacle place there! :-) I've also been to a lot of the Amish stores around there. :-)
    I love Pennsylvania, and I have some cousins that live there. :-)
    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 06, 2019

    That one ride looks very fun. Postcards are so fun! I bought a lot on our last vacation in 2017.☺ Sounds like a cool trip. I also like photo dumps.☺ I occasionally do them in my blog.☺☺☺ My mom and sister like antique browsing.☺
    What was your favorite part?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, I LOVE postcards, and I love Photo Dumps, too. ;-) ;-) ;-) As for my favorite part of my vacation . . . hmm . . . I really, really enjoyed watching "JESUS," and Dutch Wonderland was SUPER fun. However, the whole vacation was amazing! I love spending time with my family. :-)

      Delete
    2. AnonymousMay 06, 2019

      Sounds like a good family trip!☺

      Delete
    3. AnonymousMay 06, 2019

      By the way, what kind of camera do you use? I like photography, so I enjoy finding out what kind of cameras other bloggers use.

      Delete
    4. I use a FinePix XP120 camera :-)

      Delete
    5. AnonymousMay 08, 2019

      Cool!☺

      Delete
  3. AnonymousMay 06, 2019

    I loved going to the Sight and Sound Theatre! We saw Jonah and Joseph, and they were both amazing!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool, Ellen! Love your pictures <3

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?