Saturday, May 25, 2019

Musing #42 - Discussion On My First Memory Verse

  Hello and happy Saturday, friends! How are you all this fine morning? 
  Well, as promised, here I am, my mind buzzing with this forty-second musing and my fingers ready to click away. ;-)
   Let's begin!

   My memory verse for this past week has been Psalm 60:12:

"With God we shall do valiantly; 
it is He Who will tread down our foes."

   This verse was a comfort to me the moment I read it (don't you just love it when God does that?), and I have proceeded to copy it down onto a notecard. 
    (TIP ON MEMORIZATION: write your verse down and hang it up where you can see it at regular intervals. Above your desk is a great place.)
    Anyway, this verse means so much to me, because (and I'm being very real here), I have been struggling with multiple "foes." Ugly thoughts and a traitorous friend are a couple examples, and there are times that I waver, wondering if God will ever answer my prayers in the way I want Him to. 
   Therefore, this verse met me exactly where I was at. God provided it at just the right moment. Here's what He told me through this verse:
   You can't do this by yourself, Ellen. You need Me. With Me, you will do valiantly. And it will not be you who'll defeat your foes; it will be Me, in My timing, and in My perfect plan. Trust Me.
   I looked up the word "valiantly" in my Kindle dictionary and was given this definition: "Valiant: adj. Possessing or showing courage or determination." The word originated from "Old French vailant, based on Latin valere 'be strong.'" 
   Yes, oh, yes, with God we will be strong, courageous, determined - for we know that He, not us, is in control, and with Him everything is possible. He knows our heart's desires and our ugliest feelings, and He understands us. 
   What, oh what, could be better than this?
   
How about you? Do you have a memory verse for this week, or for this upcoming week? What has God been showing/teaching you?

NEXT WEEK'S VERSE:

"Do not say 'I will repay evil'; wait for the LORD, and He will deliver you." Proverbs 20:22



3 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 25, 2019

    I like the memorization tip. I sometimes use it.☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Lilly! I'm glad you find the memorization tip useful. :-)

      Delete
  2. BookWorm3,000May 28, 2019

    Great post, Ellen. :-)
    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Did this post inspire any musings of your own?